Craved

There's no changing Kongpob's mind once he's set it on something. Like buying an actual house for Arthit, for example. Throughout the week, Arthit has lost count of the number of properties he's viewed. There had been that 4-bedroom duplex penthouse near Sukhumvit that he particularly took a liking to, though he had thought that the estate agent had misquoted the price.

''What do you think, P'Arthit?'' Kongpob asks as he joins Arthit out on the balcony, taking in the vast view of the city from the 33rd floor. ''You've seen a few places. Which one do you like best? If you have any preferences, I can get my estate agent to find something that suits you.''

''I like this.'' Arthit rests his elbows against the balcony railing, basking in the warmth of the mid-evening sun against his face. ''But...''

''But?'' He hears Kongpob move to stand behind him, the younger male enveloping Arthit from behind as both of them look out of the balcony together.

''It's too expensive.'' Arthit protests half-heartedly, although he already knows that it wasn't going to pose that much of a problem to Kongpob. ''Besides, I don't think we really need such a big space if it's going to be just the two of us.''

''Hm.'' Kongpob muses, tucking his chin against Arthit's shoulder.  ''But, P'Arthit likes it, right?''

Deep inside, Arthit has already decided that this is the place for him. How could he not with such a magnificent view? There were more than enough bedrooms and he could redecorate the extra space to make it into a work office for Kongpob. He could already imagine spending his evenings sitting out at the balcony while sipping on a glass of wine, the city-lights of Bangkok twinkling back at him.

''...I love it.'' Arthit admits, twisting around to look at his boyfriend. ''It's perfect.''

Of course Kongpob wouldn't do a half-ass job when it came to gifting Arthit with something.

''Then this will be my gift to you, P'Arthit.'' Kongpob promises, gently nudging their noses together. 

''You spoil me, Kongpob.''

''You say it like it's a bad thing, P'Arthit.''

''You've set the bar too high now.''

''Perhaps it's all part of my plan. In case you ever think of leaving me, you'll then realize that no one can love you like I can.'' 

They both know that if Arthit ever harbors the thought of leaving, Kongpob's not going to make it easy for him. It thrills Arthit to his very core, makes him wonder the lengths Kongpob would go to to keep Arthit by his side.

''Fine.'' Arthit finally relents. ''I'll let you buy this place for me, if that's what you really want.''

The middle-aged estate agent looks positively relieved when Kongpob relays the news to her that he's keen to get the paperwork settled for the house. A part of Arthit pities her because it's obviously not easy to deal with someone like Kongpob, but that's not really his problem.

''I do have to inform you that the paperwork and application process might take some time-''

''If you can get it settled for me by mid next month, I'll make sure that you get a decent commission for this sale, P'.''

The estate agent falters slightly at that, clearly thinking over Kongpob's words before giving her word that she'll try her best to speed up the process as soon as possible. Arthit leaves the place feeling like he had genuinely struck the lottery in life; not only had he secured himself someone like Kongpob for his first ever relationship, but he was also no longer living under his father's thumb and soon, he was going to have his own place that he could call home.