(1) Dream or reality

Anastasia

It was past 9pm at night.

I had just finished having a nice warm shower and I put on my pajamas, ready for bed.

I had a long day but also i had a great day, because it was my birthday. Although I had zero plans to celebrate it, my best friend Olivia decided to take it upon herself to throw me a little surprise party at my bakery. She was really a sweetheart.

I walked over to my bed and sat down on it, grabbing my new pink Teddy bear which Olivia gifted me. After my last one got destroyed in a fire, I hadn't been able to get a new one and that was why I cherished the gift so much because it was really super thoughtful of her.

Oh how I loved Olivia. We have been best friends since college and I had never one day regretted being friends with her.

I smiled once more at the stuffed animal before turning off my night lamp and laying down on the bed. I dragged my blanket all the way to my neck and cuddled my Teddy so tightly. Call me a baby, but I loved cuddling and sleeping with my Teddy bear, it made me feel peaceful and safe.

And so i drifted to sleep.

I started having a dream and in my dream, I found myself in front of a garden. It was so big and beautiful, I lost myself in complete awe.

The sky was so clear and blue, and the grounds were covered in different colourful flowers. I started walking until I got into the garden, amidst the flowers. I smiled gracefully as I walked through, letting my fingers graze the top of the flowers until I found a rose and plucked it out. I lifted it to my nose and inhaled. It smelled amazing.

Just as I was admiring the flowers, something flying over me caught my attention. It looked like a butterfly, small and green with wings. I looked towards it and watched it fly around before it came back towards me. The more I watched it, the less it looked like a butterfly.

Ofcourse I let my curiousity get the better of me, so I stretched forth my palm and hoped it would fly onto it. It hesitated for a moment but eventually flew and landed on my palm, then I brought my hand closer to my view and I was instantly shocked.

It definitely wasn't a butterfly. It looked human, like a very tiny female human with a face, hair, hands, legs and feet, but with wings.

It looked like a....a fairy.

My mouth was still open in surprise as I watched it and it watched me too, almost as if it was studying me.

"You're not from here" it suddenly spoke and I gasped, jerking backwards and almost losing my balance. When I recovered from my shock, it was no longer on my palm, it was hovering in front of me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you" it spoke again. I opened my mouth but nothing came out, honestly, I was too stunned to speak.

"My name is Aelita, it's nice to meet you" it said to me. I just stared at the tiny creature, my shock had transformed into pure fascination.

"What are you?" I managed to ask.

"I'm a fairy" it said, twirling around in the air, her dress spinning along her tiny body. I just blinked at her answer, trying to process it all.

"Fairy?" I had initially guessed that but it still sounded surreal to me.

"Who are you and what brings you here?" It asked me and I was taken aback by the question. Once again, my mouth opened but nothing came out.

Suddenly, the fairy gasped "Oh no!" Its demeanor had changed from a friendly one to a frightened one. "You have to leave now, before he finds you" it said.