(4) Good night sleep

Anastasia

My eyes fluttered open and I jerked up on my bed with a loud gasp.

I felt instant relief as I took in my familiar surroundings. I let out a breath and pushed my blanket off my body.

This nightmare has got to stop, I couldn't take it anymore. What do I do? I was so confused, but then when I looked at my curtain covered window that was extremely bright and sunny, I frowned. I walked over to it, pulled the curtain aside and looked through. I gasped in shock. I hurried to my night stand and grabbed my phone to check the time, it was past noon.

What the absolute hell?

I freaked out again.

What was going on? How could I sleep this long? Especially after what happened in my dream. I was full blown creeped out and scared out of my mind.

Just then I heard a knock on my door. When I opened it, Olivia was standing there, worry written all over her face.

"What happened Ana?" Are you okay?" She asked, giving me a once over. "I didn't find you at your bakery, I was worried" she came inside my apartment and I closed the door.

"Actually, I'm not okay" I said truthfully. She probably won't believe me still, but I had to tell her nevertheless.

"Are you unwell?" She asked me.

"No, on the contrary, I'm very well. I'm just frightened. These dreams are getting out of hand." I said.

"What dreams?" She asked me

"The one I told you about" I reminded her, "I had another one last night,..." I narrated everything that happened in the dream. In details.
"it felt so real Olivia, like I was actually there, and now I wake up and find out that I've lost time. Isn't that scary?" I questioned her.

"It is scary, but it is just a dream. A nightmare, and you're awake now." Olivia said. But why did it feel like it was more than just a dream to me?

"Well, I'm definitely not sleeping here tonight" I said and went into my room.

"What? You're not sleeping in your own house because of a dream?" She asked the question in a way that made me sound crazy, but I didn't care. I couldn't stay another night alone in this house.

"Yes," I answered, "call me crazy but I'm not safe here. I'm coming to your place" I said.

"Ana, I have no problem with you coming to stay with me, but don't you think this all sounds a bit ridiculous?" She asked me.

"Honestly, I don't care how it sounds. Please just don't make me look crazy Olivia" I said, looking her straight in the eyes.

She sighed, "fine. You can come stay with me until you figure this out" she said and I smiled.

"Thank you" I smiled at her. I grabbed a small bag and quickly started packing a few things.

"How much longer do you have? I asked, referring to her break.

"Well, I've still got about 30 minutes" she said.

"Okay, I guess we will order something today. How about you do that, while I quickly shower?" I asked of her.

"Sure" she agreed. "Hurry up though, unless I'm gonna eat without you" she warned me as I hurried into my bathroom.

"I will" I yelled from the bathroom.

Once I was done with my bath, I got dressed and we went over to the bakery. It was already running thanks to Greg.

"Hey, what happened? I called you so many times this morning" Greg asked when he came up to me. Ofcourse he was worried too. I mean I was the boss, and I didn't show up to work without a word to him.

"I'm so sorry, something came up and I couldn't take calls at the moment" I lied to him. I definitely couldn't tell me I was busy sleeping and having the weirdest of dreams.
"Thank you so much for your help with the bakery" I commended.

"Sure, anything for you Ana" he said, staring at me with those eyes that screamed 'I like you', making it immediately awkward. I smiled politely in order to cover up the awkwardness.

"I'm going to have lunch with Olivia" I said to him.

"Okay, Bon appétit" he replied and I walked away from him to meet Olivia on the table.

"That looked painfully awkward" Olivia commented immediately I took my seat.

I let out an exasperated breath, "indeed it was. I am so tired of doing this with him."

"Just tell him you're not interested already" she said.

"I wish I could, but he hasn't even confessed or admitted that he has feelings for me in the first place. I just want him to say it to me so I can reject him already, this is pure torture." I said.

"I feel your pain, but you will be just fine. I'm sure when another guy comes along, he will be forced to either confess or leave you alone totally." She assured me.

"Well I hope so" I said.

We finished our lunch and Olivia went back to work. I continued my work until it was my closing time. After which, Olivia and I went home to her apartment.

Olivia's house was just a little smaller than mine but it was very well furnished and beautifully decorated. She had large picture frames of herself hanging around every wall, fully clothed ones and almost nude ones. Well she had always been obsessed with herself, I mean, who wouldn't? She was very pretty with a perfect model body.

We settled in after a stressful day at work, I showered and I made us both dinner. It was her house, but I was still the chef. Plus I was so used to coming here, it was also like my house as well.

When we were done, we head to straight to bed. That was when I realised I forgot my stuffed furry friend.

"Well shit, I forgot my Teddy bear" I complained.

"I'm sure you can survive one night without your cuddle buddy"  she said. I pouted, but she was right. Afterall I stayed weeks without a teddy bear before she got me that one for my birthday.

I got into bed and dragged the blanket over my body, we said goodnight to eachother before she turned off the lights.

I was a little bit frightened of having a dream again, so it took me a while to fall asleep. But after so long trying to fight sleep, I finally dosed off.

I woke up the next morning, feeling well rested. I was stretching and squirming on the bed when I realised I in fact had a peaceful sleep.

I didn't have any dream.

¤  ¤  ¤  ¤