(5) One more dream

Anastasia

After yet another good night sleep, I woke up and went straight to make breakfast because I was starving.

I was busy making some scrambled eggs and toast when Olivia joined me in the kitchen.

"Would you look at that, it's as if you already moved in" she said.

"Good morning to you too" I smiled at her.

"Its been a whole week Ana" she reminded me.

"A very good one at that, very nightmare free week" I reminded her as well.

"And that's a good thing, it means all this is over" she said.

"No," I disagreed, "it's only because I'm here and not at my house" I said.

"So what then? Are you gonna leave your house forever and move in here?" She asked me.

"Well no, but..." I trailed off, unsure of what to do next.

"Look Ana, I love you so much, but I think it's time to go back home. You are a strong grown ass woman and a stupid nightmare has got nothing on you." She said.

"That was quite motivating" I joked.

"Ana" she drawled.

"Fine" I agreed. She was right, I had totally freaked out about a common dream that I had lost my common sense as well. She was my best friend but she still needed her privacy and her space and right now, I was all in it, so I understood her perfectly.

"Great" she smiled, cheerfully.

"Well you sure are eager to kick me out of your house today" I said, a tiny bit offended.

"Its not like that, it's just..." she trailed off for a moment, "I'm having a date tonight" she said, as we set the table to have our breakfast.

"Oh" I was taken aback, "a sex date?" I raised a questionable brow.

"Ofcourse not, but you never know" she said.

"Ohh really, you are something" I said amused by her.

"Well unlike you, I like to enjoy what life has to offer" she said.

"You mean, have sex with anyone who catches your attention?" I helped her rephrase her statement.

"Well this isn't just anyone" she said, making me more intrigued. We both took our seats on the table.

"Oh I'm interested, tell me, who is the lucky man?" I asked curious.

She took in a breath, in and out. "Its Richard" she said, like I was supposed to know who Richard was.

"Richard?" I echoed, still not understanding. Although the name did sound familiar to me. I looked at her and she looked at me, then it hit me.

"Wait, Richard? As in your boss?" My eyes were wide in shock at my question.

"Yes, that Richard" she confirmed.

"Olivia! You whore" I teased and she chuckled. I was definitely taken aback by her confession.

"Well he's single and hot, so why not?" She said smiling.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked.

"Not long, at first, I wasn't sure but now I think I like him and I wanna see where this goes" she confessed and I just stared at her smiling like an idiot. Well don't blame me, I was a sucker for love even though I had no love life.

"Wow, dating the boss, I wonder what that feels like" I wondered out loud.

"Maybe you will find out when you start dating Greg" she joked.

"Very funny" I replied. The thought of it made me gag. Greg was a great guy, he was good looking and nice but he wasn't my type and I definitely never imagined myself being with him.

"You should get a love life though, or get laid. Whichever one comes first, you are due for both" she told me.

"Well I do want a love life, but I want a love that will sweep me completely off my feet, I want a love that is eternal, I want a fairytale kind of love" I told her while drifting back and forth between imagination and reality.

"Well I'm glad you know that it's fairytale, meaning it is just that, a fairytale. This is real life, you don't sit around waiting for some so called fairytale love. You create your own fairytale." She said, making so much sense, that it echoed through my brain for minutes.

Once we finished breakfast, I went ahead to pack my things and after I spent the entire day with Olivia, i decided to return back home. It was about time.

When I got into my apartment, I felt some sort of weird energy in the air that kind of gave me the creeps, but it was my house and I wasn't running away again. I was ready to face whatever. Like Olivia said, I was a strong ass woman.

I got to my room and started unpacking my stuff. As I did, I started having flashbacks of my dreams. Flashes of the man with the long hair, almost killing me and locking me up, flooded my vision. They came to me like actual memories and it scared me.

When I finished, I did my usual night routine and settled in on my bed. I thought about what Olivia said over and over again and it made me come to a conclusion. I needed to start dating again. Being alone certainly was fun and free but it was quite boring sometimes. Besides I need my own special someone too.

So I took my phone and did the one thing she had always asked me to do, I opened tinder and set up an account. Once I was done with that, I turned off my phone to retire for the night.

I grabbed my Teddy bear that I had missed so much and clutched it tightly to my chest.

"It's just me and you now" I said to it like it could hear me or protect me.

I took in a deep breath before turning off the lights and closing my eyes in sleep.

I opened my eyes almost immediately but then I was no longer on my bed. I was in a strange place.

I found myself in front of a river, it was beautiful, with rocks lined by the edges and colourful flowers around.

Was I dreaming?

I looked around and noticed a young woman in the river, she seemed to be swimming and enjoying her alone time, smiling and looked up at the bright and beautiful sky as the sun rays shun on her. I just stood there admiring like a creep until she suddenly looked down and saw me. She flinched, probably not expecting me to be standing there. I didn't mean to frighten her but she definitely looked frightened and before I could try to apologise, she turned around and dove into the water. All I saw was a tale shooting above the water before disappearing into it.

What the... was that a mermaid?

I was shocked and intrigued.

It definitely made me more curious but immediately I felt the curiosity, I felt something else too. More like deja vu.

No, it couldn't be.

I was praying and hoping that this wasn't this same place. Beautiful environment and weird creatures was already something in common. So I had to be sure.

I started walking around, not sure where I was going but I was looking for a clue, anything that would tell me where I was. Hopefully not in that nightmare again.

Suddenly I came up to an open part and when I looked ahead, I saw the a castle. The very same castle that only the mere thought of it gave me chills.

Fuck my life.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤