(2) The mystical realm

Anastasia

I was freaking out.

No, I was shaken to my core.

There was always a logical, reasonable, sensible explanation to everything, yet I couldn't find one for what I had just experienced.

I had spent my entire morning pondering, trying to tell myself it wasn't real, it was just a dream, but then again, there was a very visible injury on my elbow to prove otherwise.

I tried my very best to carry on with my day, whist still trying to wrap my head around everything. I got ready and made my way to my bakery. I immediately dived straight into work, hoping to rid my mind of all my troublesome thoughts.

Around noon, I started getting set for lunch while expecting Olivia. We always had lunch together during her lunch breaks, sometimes we ordered food and other times, we had snacks that I had made. Just as I was getting our snacks to the table, the door bell jiggled as Olivia opened it and walked through.

"Just in time" I smiled at her and she came to me and gave me a hug.

"Yeah, never late" she joked and we both chuckled. She was almost always late to lunch everyday, but as a loving friend, I always waited for her.

"What happened to your arm?" She said as soon as she pulled away, noticing my bandaged elbow.

I sighed, "you wouldn't believe it if I told you" I said to her.

"Try me" she said, as we took our seats on the table. "Oh no, wait..." she paused and looked at me, "...don't tell me you were trying to play the cow girl and you fell off and injured your arm" she asked and my eyes widened.

"Olivia" I looked around hoping no one had heard her. "Ofcourse not"

"Good. That would have been so embarrassing" she said and I couldn't help but laugh at her craziness.

"I haven't even been with anyone for a while now" I added.

"And it has been a terribly long while" she told me, and I bit my lip because she was right. "Anyways back to your arm" she brought my mind back to my predicament.

"Something really strange happened last night..." I started and she made utmost attention to me, "...I had a really weird scary dream. In the dream, there was a man, he was trying to kill me. He had some sort of magic power telekinesis shit. I was running for my life and I fell, that's where I got this injury. I literally woke up to the same injury"
When I was done talking, Olivia's lips were parted in shock. She was also staring at me like I just said the most insane thing ever, which Infact I just did.

"So you are saying, your injury from your dream suddenly materialized in reality?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I am saying" I clarified.

"That doesn't sound like something that just  happens Ana" she said.

"I know, but it did. Trust me I know how this sounds, and I wouldn't believe it too but there's a freaking injury to prove it." I said.

"You're sure you didn't have this before you went to bed?" She asked.

"One hundred percent sure" I clarified.

"Well I know you're not a sleep walker, so..." she trailed off, probably trying to come up with an explanation but failed. "...this is all so crazy but I don't believe your dream suddenly became reality. I think maybe you have everything missed up, I mean, you have been stressed these past few days. Maybe you had it and you don't even remember." She concluded.

I sighed. I definitely didn't agree with her explanation but I didn't have any if my own so I just decided to let it go.

"Maybe" I said.