Chapter Three

Joseph p.o.v

My whole body suddenly shook, allowing air to pass through my lungs and my heart to beat. It was such a warm feeling, then that warm feeling disappeared and replaced with cold. When my eyes fluttered open, I was on a beach, sitting on cold ice and snow. Where am I? Why I am laying in the snow. I was in Maryland, granted it was snowing, but I didn't go to sleep on the snow nor was I at the beach.

I looked out at the water, the glistening and blue liquid us humans know as water shined in the rays of the sun. Even though I was in a puddle of sunlight, I was still freezing. Another question popped into my head. Why am I in a T-shirt and pants? As I stood up, blood rushed down my body. "Where am I?" I asked myself.

As I lifted myself from the snow, a light breeze blew through. It was very cold, cold enough to make me shiver and freeze.

A shriek made my body jump. "What the heck made that ungodly sound?" I asked myself, looking at the snowy cliffs that towered over me, making me feel insignificant compared to them.

As I stood, I felt the snow between my feet, the cold freezing the slits between my toes causing me to have goosebumps. "I can't stay here or I'll freeze." I told myself.

I had two choices here, stay here and hope that I won't freeze to death or go out into the frozen wilderness and hope I don't get killed by whatever lies out there, and since I was daring, so I choose the latter. I rubbed my arms with the other to try to keep warm, but it wasn't helping. There was one other thing that kept me on edge - the sounds of shrieking and howling echoed through my brain.

I heard footsteps behind me; I whipped my head around to spot the tracker, but no one was there.

"It's so cold." I complained as I kept walking.

The snow began to fall as I trekked; my feet sinking into the snow making it harder for me to walk. That's when I saw the figure of a wolf, bigger and meaner than your normal wolf.

I tried backing up but was stopped by growl is behind me. The whole pack surrounded me.

Two of the wolves, one from the back and one from the front, pounced, but I ducked out of the way causing them to collide with each other.
The only thing I could do was run, so I did. I kept running as they kept chasing, like a cat and mouse. I slid down a snowy hill, not knowing where I was going since it was snowing hard at the time.

As I came to a stop, I bolted for the trees. The wolves behind me were gaining so I needed cover quickly. Just what I was hoping for, a large furry elephant came out of the wolves in a huff. It caused the wolves to back away giving me the chance to duck under the elephant. One wolf tried to get through to me but was stopped but the larger animal.

"See ya!" I said waving them off teasingly and then fleeing the scene. Finally, I was safe, for now. But I couldn't rest, not yet. I had to build some sort of a camp. I took some stones and some wood to make a camp fire, and with some rocks I lit the flames and held my hands out to get them warm.

"This world is... So strange... Though, quite peaceful at the same time." I let out sitting down on a log I brought over. Once I got warm, I went out to collect more wood. I don't know how, but something told me what i needed to do. I crafted up a spear with flint, fiber and wood so I could defend myself better in this new environment.

 The next thing I needed was food and non frozen water, so I looked for a lake. When I found one, I started digging the ice to get to the water and once I did, I filled up a waterskin. There were penguin-like creatures around the area, so I had to do what I had to do; I chopped up their bodies and took their meat and hide.