Chapter Five

Kyle's p.o.v

"I'll be back, don't worry. I'm sure you two can handle yourselves while I'm gone." Is what I said before I disappeared into the jungle wilderness, not knowing where I was going. I used my spear to bat the overgrown vegetation out of my path, snacking the ferns away. This also gave me the opportunity to think while I was away from Ethan and Lily. If we found Lily, could that mean there are other people here? Could there be others here on this island? Maybe people we know from school or other places. In any case, just because Lily was friendly, doesn't mean others will be. Others may try to defend themselves, other may try to go on the offensive and attack us without warning. This isn't a democracy or, this is survival of the fittest. There isn't any order here, people can choose or do anything they want without consequences, whether they may be good or bad. Lily chooses to be good and friendly, but not all people can or want to be like that.

I was pushed out of my thoughts when I heard a chirp, not like a bird however, this was different. I defensively held my spear ready for an attack. These chirps sounded like calls, like one creature talking to its family. Just when my back was exposed, a dinosaur landed on a log behind me, growling and hissing as at me as it landed.
"Utahraptor," I breathed as I backed away from the predatory prehistoric animal. It peered into my soul and closed in on me.
"Okay, just slowly... Back away... No sudden..." That's when another one jumped out of the foliage and charged at me.
"Movements," I breathed. I just barely was able to dodge the claws of the Raptor in front of me. The two pared together and chased after me through the jungle. Another raptor tried to run through and attack, but I slid under him and dodged the claws and teeth.

I used my spear to climb a tree to escape, however the raptors climbed up after me. I jumped from branch to branch in an attempt to escape, but they kept on coming. I turned around to fight, but the raptor behind me slashed its claws close to my body. It managed to catch its claws on my left arm, ripping flesh of the arm making me yell in pain. I held my arm tightly keeping the blood from pouring, keeping pressure on my wound. The raptor closed in on me, keeping me backed up until I was out of branch. I smirked when an idea came to me, I stood to my full height, the raptor not intimidated by my height whatsoever. "Bye,"
I said as I leaned back, falling off the branch just as the raptor swiped its claws over my red hair. I reached four to grab a fistful size branch, climbing up the branch.

My whole body struggled to pull itself up, but when I tried to grab it with my other hand, the cut ached. I managed to pull myself up with both arms, forgetting the pain in my left arm. When I stood tall on the branch, the blood gushing out of my arm felt like lava, and my heart sped up faster and faster.
When I looked to where my attackers where they were not there.
"That's both terrifying and relieving,"
I sighed letting my arm fall limp while ripping cloth off my shirt, tying the wound with the cloth as it stained almost immediately. I hiss in pain, but still was able to stand upright, the blood rushing into my arm made it ache even more.

"That's taking care of..." I said with one more sigh. I waited for a while before jumping down the tree, landing on the ground safely. "Well, not the experience I was expecting." I say as I grab my spear out of the tree. I hear a sound coming towards me, so I take up my spear. "Again!? Really!?" I spat just as I was about to throw my spear. Suddenly, an arrow was shot as a person jumped out of the foliage. "Don't even!" The person yelled harshly. I kept my spear ready but lowered it from the throwing position. A girl with raven black hair, orange eyes with a quiver on her back holding a bow and pointing it at me.

"Who are you?" She asks me with an arrow pulled back.
"I'm not a threat." I say dropping my spear and holding my hands up. "Am I supposed to believe that!?" She asks with venom in her voice. "My name is Kyle and me and a friend, Ethan landed on this island like you. We met someone else while surviving on our own, her name is Lily." I told her hoping she would trust me. She did not however seem to trust me, but she did lower her bow just a tad. I tried walking over to her but stopped when she raised her bow again.