Chapter Six

Ethan p.o.v

I was beside Kyle as he and Brendon stared in amazement at the large structure before us. Even though it seemed close thanks to the immense size of the obelisk, it was actually very far away.
"This island is so strange," Kyle breathed.
"You can say that again." I joked walking around to get a better view of the tower.
"What even is it?" I asked, hoping someone could answer that question.
"I don't know." Brendon answered. I looked back at him with a annoyed face expression.
"You could answer a question with more than three words," he looked at me plainly.
"It looks futuristic," Kyle said with a pause before finishing his sentence. It was really futuristic, having components in the build that I didn't understand. Well, I'm not a tech guy but it looks futuristic is all I say. "What do you think its for?" Lily asked appearing behind me.
"That's the mystery." Brendon replied, I sent him a glare.

"Why would someone build something like this?" Zara asked walking up besides Kyle.
"I don't know, maybe as a landmark for a map?" Kyle replied, directing his gaze to her.
"This must be one big island of they need a landmark like this." She replied, her eyes jumping to his. "Maybe, and what do you think the glow is for?" Kyle asked Brendon, who's eyes were fixed on the tower. "It could be a beacon." He implied cocking his head to the side.
"So he can say more than three words," I mumbled crossing my arms. "I'm sorry, but can we address the elephant in the room. The fact that we found like two other people on this island!" I inquired pointing towards Brendon and Zara.
"I was thinking the same as Ethan." Lily agreed, holding both her hands together behind her back.
"To be honest, I've been wondering if I was the only person on this island. Then I found Kyle." Zara responded pointing to the redhead.
"More like attacked," Kyle muttered receiving a glare from the raven hair.
"Same here," Brendon said quietly. "Jeez, this guy's quiet." I whisper to Lily who responds with a nod. "Obviously there are more other people on this island. And the probability that there are more than just a handful is pretty high. Probably more than a city full of other survivors." Kyle declares looking at Zara and Brendon. 

"There's even a possibility that the time we've been together, people may have been watching us, even now as we speak." Kyle added, causing us to become more wary of our surroundings. Lily even looked behind us in the trees to make sure of that we were not being spied on. "Okay, that's dramatic and all, but that still doesn't explain who these two are," I said.
"My name is Zara, Zara Elizabeth. I didn't get to give you a proper introduction since we were being chased by Chunky." Zara said. "Chunky, that's what you named it?" Brendon asked stepping closer.
"See! That's what I said." I agreed with the blue haired boy.
"My name is Brendon Provost. I got her just a few days ago." He introduced.
"Great, we all know each other, now can we focus on survival?" Lily asked rhetorically.

"Sure," I replied, done with staring at a floating red tower in the sky. We left the area, the newbies of our new group following close behind Lily as I walked in the front along with Kyle. We all stayed silent, which was quite uncomfortable between the five of us. "Um, so... The weather's nice," I commented, breaking the long, unbearable silence.

"Yeah, definitely, and did you see that tree over there. Gosh, it looks so good." Lily responded, pointing out the lonely tree that we passed. It was only me and Lily who developed small talk while the others stayed quiet.
"... The water also looks... really nice." Zara chirped, looking out at the river that stretched out into the open sea. I was surprised at first, she seemed really quiet at first, but then a smile formed on my lips and continued. Kyle and Brendon remained silent while me, Lily and Zara pointed out small details about our surroundings, which did pass some time as we walked through the jungle and made things a little less uncomfortable.
"I think we should gather up some more supplies before nighttime comes, just to be prepared." Brendon suggested, and a good one at that. Kyle nodded.
"Good idea," he said and turned to the rest of us.
"Let's try to gather up resources for a camp and spears before the night comes, then we would have a better chance at surviving." He declared, directing our attention to him. Each of us decided on what task we should complete and mine was to gather up firewood with Lily. Zara decided to find some food for tonight and Kyle and Brendon would find a place for a campsite and prep it there. 

We were to meet back here once our jobs were finished and then we were to follow Kyle and Brendon to the campsite. After it was all decided we left in our own separate ways. Lily and I went along the edge of the forest, finding logs, sticks and branches for firewood. I held a load of wood across my arms, bending down to pick up one last branch before standing up. I looked behind me, eyes landing to Lily's crouching figure as she picked up a branch.
"So," I started off, popping up beside her.
"We're finally alone." I chirped. She gave me a quick smile before looking away.
"Hey, Lily. I wonder. What do you think will happen when we get back home? I mean, you told me that you weren't very popular growing up." I asked her.
"Well, not much that I can say," she told me. She mumbled something under her breath, but I was unable hear.
"What was that?" I asked her, to which she quickly turned around, a nervous mile on her face.
"Nothing," she excused.
"Okay." I said. We returned back to our meeting spot just as Brendon and Zara returned.
"Where's Kyle?" I asked Brendon as he walked back to us alone.
"He said he'd catch up," he replied, waving us to follow him. 

We followed him to a small area where it was prepped for a campfire and tents. It was a great place for a campsite. After an hour of setting up, Kyle finally arrived.
"Where have you been?" I asked him dejectedly.
"I went for a walk," He replied, walking towards a log that was placed there and sat down. The sun set just a few minutes later, so we had a fire going to keep warm. As we had a hot meal placed on the fire, laughter erupted at the camp.
"Hey, what's up with him?" Zara asked. I looked at Kyle, who was now standing away from the group.
"He's... Just like that." I responded. Brendon hummed and walked over to him. I was interested in what he said to him because whatever he said made him a little less depressed. 

Being on this island is actually kind of fun, and yeah, we may be running from every flesh-eating dinosaur, but at least we found some joy in this. We go to meet some new friends.