I saw your face

BTW. The year is 847. two years after the breach of Wall Maria. so everyone is 13/14/15-ish. I'll go by years and will do my best to competently describe when months and years have gone by. 

 It had been nearly three weeks since Bertholdt, Reiner and Annie had stumbled across Poinsettia in the creek as she cramped and washed the blood out of her undergarments. What a contrast she was now, bantering playfully with Connie and her other comrades, compared to the sniffling pitiful looking girl.

''Bertholdt!'' Sasha's voice rang through as she crashed through the brush, a long skirt and a bag of menstrual supplies in hand. He watched as Poinsettia's brown eyes lit up in relief at the sight of the brunette. Hanging the dry clothes on a nearby branch, Sasha entered the water not even bothering to roll up her pant legs.

''Thanks for stickin' with her.'' she said, placing a friendly hand on his arm. ''I've got it from here. And if you tell anyone. I'll hang you. I already swore Reiner to secrecy.'' Bertholdt had held up his hands in mock defense and backed away as he and Sasha smiled at each other playfully. 

''My lips are sealed.''

And sending a look over her shoulder, Poinsettia freed one of her arms to wave at him from the water. ''See you.'' she called watching his back retreat up the bank. ~

''Annie thought she might've heard us.'' Reiner had said when they met back up. ''It's a little surprising, I didn't know there were people who looked like her on the island.'' Then he laughed, snapping out of whatever thought he had.

''Lady Problems huh? What luck.'' he'd never intended to pay that much attention to her after that. She wasn't very loud about her being here like Eren Jaeger was. But watching her bounce back like a click beetle fascinated him. She was right back to training the next evening. Even to Sasha's worry.

''Are you sure you're okay?'' He'd overheard her ask as they put on their ODM gear for that evening's exercise. And he'd heard Poinsettia laugh in response.

''The titans aren't going to take a pause for  Periods Sasha.'' she'd lowered her voice slightly.

''So neither am I. Just keep an eye on my pants for me'' she added with a small giggle as they shuffled out, nearly running into Bertholdt, though Poinsettia was the one who turned and mumbled. ''Sorry.'' to him.

And then he'd watched her observe Mikasa during combat training before attempting to use the same moves on Connie who'd comedically been caught goofing off with Connie thus leading to the two's separation for the evening. Leaving Sasha with Armin and Poinsettia with the latter.

''Hey, Heifer!'' Connie was using his legs to scoot away from Poinsettia on the training field. She glared playful daggers at him and with his free hand Connie threw the fake practice knife at her feet. ''Save it for the titans, you psycho!''. Bertholdt had noticed that she had tenacity. A sort of deer-like grace resided within her. Demonstrated by the way she passed ODM testing with flying colors.

She laughed and adjusted her glasses before she bent to pick up the wooden dagger. Then she stooped to help Connie to his feet before someone had a chance to blow the whistle on that evening's sparring practice. ''Can you believe it?'' Sasha had thrown her arm over Connie when the two had met up again and used a free hand to gesture. ''Connie was really going to hit a girl. One with glasses no less!''

Bertholdt didn't realize he'd been watching the interaction for so long until he caught Poinsettia's gaze and watched her brow furrow in askance. She looked like she might've said something but decided against it as she passed by with the usual group of girls she hung out with after practice; Sasha, Mina Carolina and Hannah Diamant as they chatted to each other.