Chapter 308

The late-night city streets are dark, calm, and quiet.

After going back to the same Shielded Dungeon entrance and paying the 10 bronze fee to get inside, I step into the E-Class portal to teleport back to the Vice City Labyrinth's 21st floor. Chester waits near the outer rim of the Dungeon Square as I do.

It's been a few hours since we left for the auction house, so I should be right on time.

The moment I teleport back onto the marble white pillar standing high above the green clouds, my sense proves my assumption right. The presence of two familiar readings shows up in my mind's eye, but with significantly higher-powered stats and mana levels. Just like when I ranked up, and just as Fisher and Arie, their natural mana control both received between a 100 and 200% boost.

However, their position is almost a kilometer away. Although I did say that we would meet back in this dungeon, I never really specified where. It may be easy for me to find the exact teleport point from before, but to anyone else, all these white pillars look the same.

I smile, air-stepping in their direction and using my Appraisal skill to examine their new status to check for any buffs. Both Maria and Abby's skills are already maxed out at advanced and legendary grades so the rank-up wouldn't target advancement there; they would most likely give unique abilities based on their battle style.

The sight of the healer and ice mage both come into my field of vision and two buffs pop up in the form of blue text boxes.

[Area of Total Restoration]

[Ice Age]

At first glance, the names just seem to be more extreme versions of their normal skills... A restoration buff for Abby and possibly an Ice defense or offensive boost for Maria. However, the names could be misleading and my Appraisal skill doesn't allow me to check the details with more depth. All of the ranked-up buffs I've seen so far have been incredibly overpowered, so I'm sure there are hidden metrics to these too. I won't know for sure until the two of them go to battle.

I wave from a distance, and they wave back as I approach. Both of them made it to level 505. They succeeded in the rank-up and got some extra training in too, it seems.

I get much closer and speak up.

"How'd everything go? A smooth rank-up process? What floor did you have to climb to?"

Maria smiles wide and replies as I drift down to meet them on the stone pillar.

"It went really well! We made it up to the 23rd floor! That's where both of us started getting really consistent level-ups with every kill."

She pulses dark blue with excitement as Abby gives off a slow and consistent green flow of energy. Her eyes dimly shine, matching the bright emerald hue as she jumps into the conversation.

"Yep, success on our end. How about you? Did you find any Essence stones at the auction?"

I smirk, letting them both grab onto my shoulders as we teleport back to the Solaran Dungeon Square.

"Yeah, I got us the most powerful gems I could afford. They're similar to the shards we all absorbed before the Labyrinth. To use these new ones, you'll need to push that new restoration buff of yours to the limit."

As we leave the square and meet back up with Chester, the four of us walk back to his home. I can clearly feel the mana control difference in these two. It's near the point where I was post-absorbing the largest Blue Ogre King's Essence. So, in other words, just under half the control of my newly ranked-up real body's control level, nearly even with Lydia when we first met. So now they're forces to be reckoned with.