002

(unedited)

(the shoes are flats, the same colour tho)

--------

So it turned out that hiding the secret of being a mermaid was a lot harder than it seemed and it wasn't going to get any easier. Azaylia sighs to herself, dropping her head against the bathroom wall as the sound of a soft thump echoes. It was already day two and she had almost let someone find out. Honestly, Azaylia thought the first one of all four was going to be Cleo, never did she think it was going to be herself.

The day started fine. Azaylia had woken up a bit earlier than her alarm due to a ringing coming from the side of the room, reaching over to the night desk to grab her phone before answering the call without any thought. The sleep is still prominent in her eyes as Azaylia buries a yawn under her hand.

"Hello?" Azaylia answered, slowly sitting up.

"Hey Azaylia," a familiar voice spoke from the other side of the call. "Remember that promise you made a few days ago?" Rikki asked,

Azaylia nodded her head in response, forgetting that Rikki couldn't see her. She recalled the promise she made to go on the next swim together after not being unable to the first time. "Um yeah, what about it?" Azaylia replied after hearing Rikki's hellos.

On the other side, Rikki stood watching the waves with buried feet underneath the sand, her towel laid hanging on the side of her shoulder. "Well I was thinking of going for a little morning swim and you know I didn't want to go alone so~"

Azaylia peeked over taking a quick glance at the clock then moved her view toward the window, noticing how the sun just began to rises. "Morning swim? At five in the morning?" Azaylia questioned, never in her life did Azaylia seen a Rikki call her for a morning swim, maybe Emma (who always dragged her out of the comfort of the bed for early swimming practice even though Azaylia wasn't even on the team) but never Rikki.

"Hey I wasn't the one who made the promise," Rikki remarked after taking a seat on one of the rocks, placing down the stuff to the side. "Plus don't you want to see how fast you can swim!" Rikki offered. She couldn't forget the first moment of swimming as a mermaid. The speed she and Emma were able to go was outstanding it felt so natural like taking a breath of fresh air.

Azaylia paused for a moment, playing with the hems of her sheets seeing how fast she could swim did sound kind of fun. "Okay fine, I'll meet you in thirty"

After saying goodbye Azaylia hung up the phone placing down the bed before getting out of bed, stretching her arm above her head. Azaylia flinched mid-stretch, head snapped toward the sound of a loud crash beyond the closed door.

Moving to the sound Azaylia opened the door, "Mom what happened?" She asked with worries seeing her mother standing a few feet from her door with Luna inside her arms and a broken vase on the ground.

Hearing the voice of her daughter Dionne turned to her, (Azaylia's bed hair was a mess), "Nothing sweetheart, Luna just scared herself and knocked over the flower vase. Did it wake you?" Dionne explained.

Shaking her head, "No I was already awake," Azaylia stepped out into the hallway toward her mother, sadly not noticing the puddle of water on the floor. Azaylia froze a second later feeling her feet become wet, her eyes widened before sprinting back into her room.

"Azaylia what's wrong," Dionne called out, followed the girl to her room and started knocking. Dionne was worried that she accidentally stepped on a piece of glass. "Sweetheart, are you okay?"

On the other side, Azaylia quietly counted down from ten under her breath while searching for a towel, hoping to find one before she turned into a mermaid. "Yeah, Mom I- I'm fine," Azaylia reassured trying to keep the nervousness in her voice down. Finally spotting a towel she hurried and made her way (with five seconds left) toward the towel and began drying her feet.