000

One of Azaylia's first memories of the ocean was her sitting on the beach shore, wrapped in a blanket one size too big, holding a half-eaten ice-cream that slowly dripped onto her hand, though not that she cared and traces of tears along her cheeks as her honey like eye were bloodshot.

She was six at the time and had been crying due to her parents leaving her for a last-minute business trip and would be gone for four days. Now if you didn't know Azaylia well it would be a surprise to see her show emotion because, to be frank, she rarely does, but if you were close to her you would know that Azaylia was the most clingy child you will ever meet, not a minute could go by where Azaylia wouldn't be with one of her parents if not both.

Now her parents didn't know why or how Azaylia got so dependent on them and maybe it was their fault for being overprotective of her but could you blame them? It was their first and only child, it wouldn't be so surprising, would it? But since the trip was so last minute and they couldn't bring her with them resulting in leaving Azaylia in the care of her grandmother, she cried from the moment they told her to the last second they left.

In the end, her grandma brought her to the beach in hopes Azaylia would calm down and it worked with a little help of ice cream but nonetheless it worked.

"Why did mommy and daddy have to leave?" Azaylia asked, sniffing as she closed herself in, legs tucked in close to her chest as one arm wrapped around them letting her head rest upon them. Her grandma looked down at the little girl, her hair blowing in the wind, she watched the waves crash as her tears began to dry.

"Do you know why I like the ocean?" Her grandma said instead of answering her question and being only six years old at the time Azaylia looked at her confused. She wanted to know why her parents went away, why she couldn't go with them, not about some stupid ocean, "because it hides such wonder from the world, you never know what goes on underneath the water." Her grandma said.

The young girl blink at the older lady with blank stares. "What kind of wonders?" Azaylia asked with a hint of curiosity in her voice, slightly forgetting about her parents.

"Um, I don't know if I could say?" The grandmother said amused, her chin held with her thumb and index finger, holding in her laugh at her granddaughter's eagerness along how her eyes sparkled. "Please~ I promise not to tell," Azaylia cried out, desperately wanting to know.

"While if you say you promise," her grandma confessed, looking at the little girl and then moving her view toward the water, the sun started to set, painting the sky with pink, orange and yellow hues as the waves slowly began to calm down for the night.

Azaylia bounced up and down with excitement to know what could possibly be hidden inside the ocean lying in front of them. Was it fish because she already knows those or maybe dolphins like the one she saw at the marine park or maybe-. Azaylia let her thoughts run wild, no longer thinking about her parents.

"Settle down Azaylia, come here" Her grandmother called out with a small laugh, gesturing to her to come back and sit behind her. After Azaylia sat down her grandmother placed a blanket around her shoulders to keep warm from the wind.

"I'm going to tell you a story about four special girls who had a magical connection with the ocean."

thalassophile || H2o: Just Add Waterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें