Turmoil and Tumult

In the opulent mansion of the Jo family, Jo In-Sung, the heir to the mighty Jo Group, sped up the driveway in his luxurious car. The imposing gates opened, and he parked with an air of indifference. He strolled into the grand entrance, and as he did, the imposing figure of CEO Jo, his father, awaited him.

CEO Jo's expression was stern, and he didn't waste a moment. With a swift motion, he delivered a resounding slap to In-Sung's face. The echo of the strike reverberated through the spacious hall. In-Sung, stunned and wincing from the pain, met his father's piercing gaze.

"When will you change, In-Sung?" CEO Jo's voice was a thunderous rumble. He thrust a pile of newspapers and articles into In-Sung's face, each headline accusing him of various scandals: dating a celebrity, involvement in illicit activities, and even serious criminal charges, including physical altercation with a Chaebol scion from a rival family.

In-Sung, struggling to maintain composure, pleaded for a chance to redeem himself. "Father, please, give me an opportunity to set things right."

CEO Jo's eyes bore into his son, and he spoke with an air of finality, "This is your last chance, In-Sung. Change or you'll be cast out."

In the tranquil garden of the Jo family mansion, In-Sung sat with a glass of wine in his hand, gazing at the moonlight. It was a rare moment of solitude amidst the chaos that his life had become. The soft rustling of leaves and the distant hum of the city provided a temporary escape from his troubles.

As he contemplated his predicament, his eldest brother, Jo Woo-Sung, quietly approached and took a seat beside him. In-Sung turned to him, a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"Why is it, out of everyone in this family, you're the only one who doesn't seem to hate me?" In-Sung's voice carried a mix of frustration and confusion.

Woo-Sung, his expression thoughtful, replied with a hint of a smile, "In-Sung, you're my brother. No matter how much I may disapprove of your actions, it won't change the fact that our blood is thicker than water."

In-Sung's gaze met his brother's, a silent plea for guidance in his eyes. "What can I do to earn our father's trust back? I need to prove that I can be responsible."

Woo-Sung considered for a moment and then offered a piece of advice, "The annual company party is coming up. It's your chance to show that you can behave and not get into trouble, especially with someone like So Ji-Sub, the son of the So Group."

The mention of Ji-Sub's name sent a surge of anger through In-Sung. Ji-Sub had been a constant tormentor, making his life unbearable. "Ji-Sub," he muttered through clenched teeth.

Woo-Sung patted In-Sung's back in a reassuring manner. "I know it's tough, but you can do it. Stay strong, and remember, I'm here to support you."

In the modest apartment where Han Hyo-Joo resided, the shrill sound of her alarm pierced through the stillness of the morning. Rubbing her eyes and battling the remnants of sleep, she sluggishly rose from her bed, determined to face another demanding day.

With hurried steps, she darted to the nearby train station, a routine she had become all too familiar with. The bustling city greeted her as she arrived at her office, ready to tackle any task that came her way, even if it fell beyond the scope of her responsibilities. Taking orders, running errands, and putting in extra effort had become the norm for her.