子供時代 - childhood

5 years later, in Foosha Village, East Blue.

Today was Airi's fifth birthday

Today was Airi's fifth birthday. She had grown up looking more and more like her mother, she now had beautiful soft wavy blonde hair and plenty of freckles on her nose and cheeks, she was such a radiant little girl, always with a kind smile glued to her lips.

The little girl had spent the past five years growing up in a small comforting house with Sayaka, her mother, and Jin, her godfather. She would spend most her time asking them about their adventures as pirates, begging to listen to them over and over again. She was fascinated by all the daring adventures they both had. Neither of them ever complained about telling her those same stories all over again every time.

"Airi-chan!" Jin called from the living room, "Are you ready for your birthday cake, darling?"

The little blonde girl immediately ran out from her bedroom and sprinted to the living room.

Around the table were standing her mother, her godfather and Makino, a gorgeous dark green haired woman that was living next door, she became a dear friend to Sayaka and Jin when they moved in five years ago, she would always offer her help to them, especially when it would come to babysit Airi, the woman adored her. They all had a wide smile on their face, cheering as soon as Airi entered the room, causing the little girl to jump excitingly around the place, giggling.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart!" her mother cheered, opening up her arms, her daughter immediately jumping into them, giving her a big hug.

"Look at you, you're such a big girl now!" Makino exclaimed before getting a hug from the little girl.

Airi pulled away from the hug and hurried to give one to her godfather as well, "Happy birthday my darling! What about I show you the birthday cake Makino and mom have made for you?"

"Yay!!!" the blonde girl jumped off his arms and turned to the table on which was placed a beautiful pink cake with five candles planted on it. She looked in awe at the lightening candles, she found this simple view stunning.

"Time to blow out your candles! Oh, and don't forget to make wish, Airi!" her mother told her.

Airi nodded and closed her eyes tightly, I wish to become a brave and kind pirate, and go for a lot of adventures, just like mom and Jin-san, she thought before opening her eyes again and blowing out the candles. Hearing her loved ones applauding her and cheering happily by her sides made her heart feel so warm and happy.

"Wanna open your present?" the blonde woman suggested to her daughter with an amused smile on her lips as the little girl started jumping in excitement.

Sayaka handed her daughter a little package wrapped with a golden paper that Airi gladly took in her tiny hands. She carefully opened it and picked up an incredibly stunning and shining white silk scarf with a few tiny hand embroidered white jasmine flowers on it. After one full minute of admiring the gorgeous fabric in her hands, she looked up at her mother with a questioning look which caused the adults to let out a laugh.