Chapter 6

JENNIE

"What if something happens to you?" I replied angrily. Lalisa laughed carefree and ran with her arms open, in the middle of the street .

It was three in the morning and it was drizzling lightly. She was drunk, I was sober.

"You only live once, so just go fucking nuts!" She laughed.

Before I could say anything, there were flashes even the headlights of a car around the corner. With my heart skipping a beat, I grabbed her arm and pulled her to my side on the sidewalk. The driver acknowledged us by honking before speeding away. I was angry but powerful.

"What an asshole!" Lalisa mumbled.

Apparently she didn't mind at all that she would have almost been involved in a tragic accident if I hadn't saved her, again. I stood there dumbly.

"What's wrong, Jennie?" The living chaos took my hand in hers.

"What's going on, do you want to know?" I hissed, pulling my hand away from her and piercing her brown eyes with my gaze.

"I have enough!" I had enough of her crap.

Lalisa didn't value me at all, didn't take my feelings into account and didn't think about me for a single second, while I wasted my entire existence on her.

"Don't you want to go to the ward? We can also go back to my place. My parents aren't coming until tomorrow, around noon." The tiny little drops can be seen on her delicate skin. She was so beautiful.

"This is just so unbelievably wrong!" I got louder and louder.

"Why don't you see how important you are to me? Holy shit, there isn't a fucking moment that I don't want to spend with you!" She seemed confused.

"Jennie, I-"

"Don't say it, I'm warning you!" My hand clenched into a fist.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about!"

The anger rose up inside me like lava from a volcano. Lalisa looked at the floor.

"If only you loved me as much as you hurt me... because..." I hated myself for this. "I love you."

Her blonde hair was blown away by the freezing wind, her face still turned downwards.

"And I really wonder, even if my heart has enough love for both of us, why your heart never beats as fast as mine?" My voice weakened again, depression taking over anger.

"You're the time I love to waste and I'm just a waste of time for you."

She looked up, wanted to say something but closed her mouth again in a matter of seconds. Hot tears rolled down my freezing cheeks.

"The really sad thing is, you can treat me however you see fit. Because you know in the end I will always be there for you, I will always be waiting for you." My leg started shaking.

"You will always have a very special place in my heart." I took a deep breath. "And that scares me immensely."

The girl took a step towards me and I immediately turned away. My hands twitched.

"I hate loving you." I said tearfully.

Lalisa sobbed.