Chapter 22

Happy Reading :)

"Come on Lydia you'll be late!" Anthony shouted from the living room.

I came out, he was wearing a light blue button up and strapping a watch on his wrist. The motion of him gripping the watch on his wrist was so deliciously entrancing-

"You look beautiful," He said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Thank you," I curtsied. I wore a white corset dress that reached mid thigh and flared at the shoulders, I had just gotten a fresh set of bubble bath nails, "White or nude heels?" 

I held up two pairs of shoes.

"Nude." 

"White it is," I smiled and went back to my room. I heard him chuckling behind me. 

I pulled out the necklace I got for my 18th birthday from my parents. A white gold chain with two small diamonds surrounding a single pearl.

I tried to close the clasp but my nails were too long. 

"Anthony!" I called to him.

"You need help?" He smirked.

"Yes." 

"I told you those nails were too long." He rolled his eyes.

"I like them," I argued. 

"They're not practical, I like your short nails," He said softly and took the chain from my hands. I pulled my hair up in one hand and he got behind me.

His hands brushed my neck softly and I felt heat rise up my neck. 

"Although, I don't mind helping you like this." His words hit the back of my neck and sent uncontrollable shivers down my spine, I squirmed, "What?" 

"It tickles," I brushed him off. 

"What?" He asked and held me by the waist, bringing his lips to my neck, "It tickles when I talk like this?" Every word sent unbearable shivers down my spine and I wrenched myself out of his grip.

"You're evil." I tried to sound stern but my voice was breathless. 

"You're late, lets go." He instructed and I was glad for the distraction from what the fuck just happened. My body was so hyper aware around him I couldn't even stand his breath on my neck. 

I strapped my shoes on and we walked out the door. 

----

"Albert Tonail." Cheers.

"Jennifer Tonby." More cheers.

I nervously stood in line, looking to see if I could see Anthony where he was sitting. The auditorium was too big I couldn't see. I had invited Rosa as well, she would be coming with Bernie and Anita. Bernie and Anita's graduations were both on different days so they were able to make it to mine. 

It comforted me to have my friends there, because I knew my family wouldn't be coming. As I got closer to the podium I began to regret not inviting them. I felt my eyes water as it came time to hand over my name card.

This would be my first graduation they missed. Tonelli's were notoriously the most loud and obnoxious family at every celebration. The fact that I wouldn't hear an air horn, or my moms banshee screams through it all broke my heart.

The announcer held out a hand for my card. I began to back up, I didn't want to do this anymore. I had to turn around. A silent walk across the stage would be unbearable.  

But it was too late to turn back. I handed over the name card.

"Lydia Isabella Tonelli."

I closed my eyes at my full name. Then, chaos.