Part 2

AARAV RAICHAND

The Game is On!! I watch Jhanvi Sikand walk out of my mansion but not for too long. She's soon going to stay here with me permanently. I stare at the picture of my mother, the one Jhanvi was admiring a few minutes ago.

"I will bring you justice, Maa," I promise.

"Was that Jhanvi Sikand?" Aman Mathur, steps into the house.

"Yes, she is Jhanvi."

He reaches me in a few strides and shows me the papers.

"It's begun. The downfall of Durga Raichand and Mohit Raichand."

I know exactly what these papers are, so I don't ponder over going through them again.

"Good work, Aman."

He nods, but soon I see questions building in his eyes which I am not very prepared to answer.

"We have everything we need to doom the Raichands. Is it necessary to involve Jhanvi Sikand in it?" he asks.

"Absolutely."

I shift to the couch and sprawl on it, gesturing to the servant to bring us the coffee.

"But what is her fault in this?"

"Her fault is that she belongs to me, Aman. Not Mohit. And her major flaw is that she is supporting the wrong people."

"That's because Durga Raichand and Mohit took her responsibility when her father, Lalit Sikand, passed away. She owes them."

"And I will change that," I sternly reply. "I will make sure she hates them because these two people are not meant to be loved and respected by anyone."

Aman rubs his temple hard before taking a seat before me.

"So, you mean, Jhanvi Sikand is just collateral damage in your revenge towards the Raichands?"

I don't respond, but when Aman doesn't drop his stare from my face, I shrug.

"You may call it so. She's just a pawn, Aman. The day she crosses their side and joins me, I promise to lay the world at her feet."

That's exactly what happens to a pawn in chess. If it crosses the opposite territory and reaches the end line, it's given a choice to upgrade. That's exactly what I will let Jhanvi Sikand have and I hope she doesn't make me wait for it too long.

As if Aman reads my mind, he raises another doubt. "When the rival's pawn upgrades, you know it can even checkmate your king. Don't think Jhanvi Sikand is a woman who will side you that easily, Aarav. She is going to put up a fight and you might have to be prepared for that even."

I know it. I have herbiodata. She's a strong woman emotionally, and it's going to be hard toconvince her she's chosen the wrong side so far. But that's the beauty of thisgame. I love challenges and challenging her would be fun.