Part 4

AARAV RAICHAND

"Aarav Raichand."

I hear Jhanvi's voice from the living room of my mansion. Thankfully, I just finished an important business call before her sweet sultry voice could disturb me. I press my palms over the railing of the first-floor lobby where I am currently standing and staring at her. Jhanvi looks furious, annoyed and the bags are still in her grip. I knew she would go mad knowing I sent her dresses and that I even addressed her as my would-be wife in that note, but I never thought she would come up straight here.

"You are late." I tease. "I expected you here early."

She glares at me, raising her chin to an angle so that she could see me clearly at the top.

"Will you come down or should I come up there?" she shouts.

I laugh. "Totally your call, Jaan. This house belongs to you, so you don't need my permission to go anywhere you want."

As expected, her cheeks turn red in anger. Did I call her Jaan? Yeah, I did. It means life. But more than its significance, I am glad that nickname annoyed her. She throws the bags on the couch aside and strolls toward the stairs. I don't move an inch from the lobby and wait for her to reach me. The moment she does, Jhanvi points her finger to my face.

"Don't you dare call me nicknames."

"Why not?" I retort. "My mouth, my fiancée. I can call you whatever names I like and 'Jaan' suits you. It's the cutest short form of your name. Soon, you will be both my wife and life. So why not?"

Her frown deepens.

"Are you on drugs? Which language do you even understand? I am marrying your stepbrother. Thank me I haven't spoken to Mohit and Daadi about all this nuisance of yours, otherwise, they wouldn't have spared you."

I laugh again, harder this time.

She keeps staring at me, annoyed and clenching her jaw.

"Sorry, what did you just say? What was that last line? They wouldn't have spared me? ME?" I tease.

Jhanvi doesn't respond. All she does is throw daggers at me with her sharp-pointed gaze. I stop laughing and stare at her intently.

"They can't even touch me, Jaan. Forget thinking of ruining me. It's me who will bring destruction at their feet, not vice versa."

Jhanvi swallows painfully at my threat.

"One more time you call me by that name, I will-"

"You will, what?" I take a step towards her.

Whatever Jhanvi had been thinking to threaten me with, wipes off from her head as she sees me approaching her. Though her confused fearful look appeals to me, I don't want to threaten her further.

"Fine. I won't call you that until we marry," I promise.

She rolls her eyes. "You should consult a psychiatrist. You need help, Mr. Aarav Raichand. You are living in an delusion and if you don't get yourself treated, you will be doomed. Very soon."

She is about to turn when I grab her wrist and haul her to me. She's so lightweight that in a second, she ends up in my embrace, between my hard body and the steel railing behind her.

"You are a good woman, Jhanvi. So, I don't want to make this difficult for you." I swallow my anger and pride, both. "Marry me and support my cause to avenge the Raichands. I promise you won't be hurt."

She opens her mouth to debate, but I shut her up by placing my palm over her lips.

"Your approval doesn't matter because you accept or not; you are going to be my wife, Aarav Raichand's wife. Either let it happen the easiest way or the worst. The choice is yours."

She bites the edge of my palm and then pushes my chest hard. I am stronger than her efforts, but I give her some space to breathe, stepping back myself. Her bite has left a sting on my palm, which I don't ponder for now. The pain and confusion in Jhanvi's eyes force my gaze to glue on her. Just her!!

"You are insane," She shouts. "All these years when Daadi and Mohit hated you, I pitied you because of what you had to go through all these years but now-" she exhales. "Now I know they were right. Aarav Raichand doesn't deserve people's love and affection. You are meant to be hated and today, you just got one more follower in your Hater's list!!"

I don't speak a word. No matter how much she hates me, she is still going to be my wife. I watch her run to the stairs and soon she exits the mansion, leaving the dresses I shopped for her on the couch. That's fine. When she comes here, I will make sure she wears them.

I fish my phone from the suit pocket and dial Aman. However busy he is, Aman is that one man who can never ignore my calls.

"Call the Priest and inform him I am getting married tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" Aman barks from the other end. "Did she agree?"

"Doesn't matter if she agrees or not, Aman. I am marrying Jhanvi Sikand tomorrow. Make sure everything is arranged."

I disconnect the call and turn my gaze to Maa's photo.

"I gave her a chance, Maa. Don't be mad that I am forcing her to be my wife. You know she always belonged to me. Only me!!"

I wish Maa could speak from that picture. I just wished she could. Now that I had taken this decision of marrying Jhanvi Sikand tomorrow, I had to escalate a few things. So, I dial another number and wait for Mr. Advani to answer.