Part 3

JHANVI SIKAND

The ride back to Raichand Mansion seems tiring, maybe because I am thinking about Aarav Raichand and how he threatened me. I look at the bracelet he's made me wear and try to take it out, but again, nothing works. Why would he want to marry me? Only because I am marrying Mohit? And they are rivals more than stepbrothers? I don't understand. I ask his driver, Madan if he knows how to take out the bracelet, but he doesn't even respond. It's a waste coaxing him as he is Aarav's loyal. I am so pissed off by this whole thing that the excitement to meet Daadi and Mohit is zero.

The moment I get down from the car at Raichand Mansion, Mohit storms to me and clutches Madan's collar.

"You? What are you doing around here? And .. where had you taken my Jhanvi?"

I have never seen Mohit Raichand, my friend and fiancée, this restless. Mohit was always that sweet, handsome boy next door whom girls liked to flirt with and feel safe. I wonder why I never got those feelings for him or even felt that kind of attraction I did when I met Aarav Raichand today? Nope!! I can't think of all that. Not now when Mohit has strangled a man's neck. Mohit might not have been the calm type, but he was never violent. If he keeps throttling Madan's neck, he might die.

"Mohit, stop it."

I pull him away from Madan and ask the latter to leave. The poor driver unloads my luggage and drives away.

"Jhanvi, where had he taken you? You know who he is? He's Aarav's driver and.."

"And I am fine," I assure. "See... I am absolutely fine and he just dropped me here. That's all."

Mohit glances at me before exhaling audibly.

"I had sent you the car. How did you end up in Aarav's vehicle then?"

Well, that's a good question, but seeing his anger, I twist the actual incident a bit. I don't want Mohit to fight with Aarav Raichand over me. We are getting married in a week and Mohit needs to calm down rather than plot how to keep his elder stepbrother away from the rituals and all.

"I mistook Aarav's driver as yours. I mean, he was at the airport with the signboard of 'Raichands' and, I assumed it was you who sent that car for me."

Mohit is still suspicious.

"Halfway, I realized that and asked him to drop me here instead. Probably, he will now go back to the airport and pick the right person Aarav had sent him to receive."

Mohit's frown turns into a smirk.

"Good to see, you fooled Aarav's driver."

Fooled? Well, it is Mohit I have fooled for now, but my intentions are pure. I don't want their fights to destroy our wedding celebrations.

"Mohit? What's wrong with you, though? I have never seen you this annoyed and out of control."

He sighs and, sliding his arm around my shoulder, leads me inside.

"You have no idea what's happening here. That Aarav is hell-bent to destroy us."

I swallow painfully. If I hadn't met Aarav personally today, I wouldn't have believed what that man is capable of, but now that I did, I can say Mohit's rage is justified.

"Anyways, don't get into all this. Next time, please be careful. I don't trust that man a bit. Stay away from him."

His words pierce my heart. Should I tell him I met Aarav and how he made me wear this silly bracelet and even declared that I will be his Bride and not Mohit's?