chapter 4

"It's time... I swallowed hard as I waited for the train that would supposedly take me to Hogwarts. I trembled slightly from the cold, trying to warm my hands by blowing on them, and my master stood by my side, wrapping a scarf around me to keep me warm.

'Mr. Flamel... Do I really have to go? Is it possible that... you can't bear me?' I said, avoiding eye contact.

Mr. Flamel crouched down to my level and looked me in the eyes. 'We both know very well that you've never been a burden to me. You're a very intelligent and educated young girl, and that has always been my opinion of you.'

I gave him a desperate look. 'Why do I have to go to this realm of the devil? I've been opposed to it from the very beginning.'

He hesitated to put his hand on my shoulder but refrained, and I couldn't contain my emotions. My eyes welled up with tears, that I tried to hide my trembling hands, in vain.

'It will be okay, everything is fine. I'm not separating from you. You'll be back very soon, I promise.'

'Insha Allah,' I said in a trembling voice. He smiled and extended the tip of his wand toward me. I took it and we shook hands, imitating people shaking hands.

'Goodbye, dear professor... I'll miss you,' I wiped away my tears while trying to smile.

'Goodbye, little one. I'll miss you too. Go on, your train has arrived.'

I nodded and hurriedly made my way to the train. I found an empty compartment where I could sit and began reading a book to pass the time. Eventually, my eyelids grew heavy, and I fell asleep effortlessly.

A few minutes later, I heard footsteps approaching my compartment. I immediately opened my eyes, and the girl in front of me froze. After five seconds of silence that felt like an eternity, she suddenly began apologizing.

'I... I'm sorry! I didn't mean to wake you up, really! I'm sorry!' Her numerous apologies made me feel a bit embarrassed and disoriented.

'It's okay, really. No problem. Um... come, have a seat,' I pointed the empty seat next to me, not knowing exactly what to say. I'm not used to having a lot of social interaction, and this girl was no exception. I was quite awkward in managing a conversation with a stranger.

Without hesitation, the girl sat next to me. I could see her clearly. She had long gray hair with bangs covering her eyes, freckles on her face, and a fair complexion. As for her clothes, she wore comfortable attire, a striped beige sweater, a long dark gray skirt, white socks, and cute patterned sneakers.

There was a moment of silence, and I turned to her and decided to strike up a conversation.

'Um, so... what's your name?'

She suddenly looked up. 'I... I'm Grisette.'

I tilted my head a bit confused. 'And where are you from?'

She blinked several times before responding, 'I'm from Greece.'

My eyes instantly lit up, and a smile began to form on my face as she looked at me with curiosity. I jumped up and grabbed her by the shoulders.

'Oh really? That's amazing! Your story is simply extraordinary! I'm a huge fan of history, and Greece is a beautiful country!'

She widened her eyes in astonishment, and I suddenly became aware of her surprise and stepped back.

'Sorry... I got carried away. I'm a history enthusiast, so... I'm sorry, please forgive me.'

I stepped back a bit embarrassed about what I had done, and when I felt the girl approaching me, she placed a hand on my shoulder. I turned around in surprise, and she smiled at me calmly.

'It's okay, there's no harm. I can tell you about my country if you want...'

And then, for three good hours, we talked non-stop! I kept asking questions, and Grisette was very understanding and lovely. She was adorable.

I opened two brownie bags and stuffed mine in my mouth, then offered her one.

'For me?' she asked.

'Yes, you've been so kind in teaching me about your background. You must be a little hungry, right? Have this.'

She took the brownie with hesitation and took a small bite, looking delighted.

'You made this? It's really good!'

I continued to eat joyfully 'Yes, I cook from time to time for my master. He hasn't touched a stove since 1960, so I have to do it.'

'Oh, you are very skilled, by the way You should open a restaurant. Show the world your cooking talents!'

I let out a little laugh. 'To be honest, I'd rather have never come here. I couldn't care less about what I can learn at Hogwarts. I don't want to be a witch.'

'Why not? You seem to be quite knowledgeable about magic.'

'Believe me, if I could, I'd jump off the train...'

'Please don't...'

I glanced out the window, and something was shining. I squinted to get a better view. The train was passing over a bridge, and the light was coming from the forest on the hillside. I placed my hands on the window ledge and leaned out to get a better look.

'What's wrong, Gigou?' Grisette asked.

'I'm going to see what's happening.'

She jumped in surprise. 'What? Are you crazy? You'll fall and die!'

I shook my head. 'Don't worry; I'll be back very soon.'

While Grisette fidgeted and told me not to jump, I gained momentum, ran, and leaped out of the window, plunging into the void. I heard someone scream before others joined in, asking what was happening. The ground was getting closer and closer. I quickly pull my wand and murmured some words before disappearing a few inches from the ground."