Story Description

Named after Argella Durrandon, daughter of the last Storm King during Aegon's Conquest, Argella Baratheon is the eldest daughter of King Robert I Baratheon and Queen Cersei of House Lannister. Princess Argella is the only legitimate child the queen bore to the king, inheriting her father's luscious black curls and his blue eyes with green and golden flecks from her mother.

King Robert has a special fondness for Argella among his children. He readily grants her every request, much to her mother's annoyance. So when the royal princess expressed her desire to marry Ser Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer, and the twin of her mother, Robert couldn't refuse.

"What did you say?" the king asked, pretending not to have heard his daughter the first time. The room fell silent, no one daring to make a sound or take a breath.

"I wish to wed Ser Jaime of House Lannister, father," the princess repeated. She displayed the confidence of a Lannister and the bravery of a Baratheon.

Argella observed her mother's calculated movements in her seat beside her father, her green eyes as predatory as the lion of her house. Argella met her gaze, challenging her will, and the queen scoffed.

"May I remind you, child, that my brother, your uncle, is a member of the King's Guard, sworn to protect the King for life, to own no land, take no wife, and bear no children?"

"Oh," Robert dismissed her with a wave, "The Kingslayer abandoned those vows the moment he drove his sword through Aerys' back."

Cersei looked at him in disbelief, "You can't be serious, Robert."

Argella's lips curled upward. She knew she had won her father over, and not even her mother, the queen, could change that, as she had failed to do so before.

"Is that truly what you desire, my child?" her father asked again, reluctant as any father would be but willing to grant his daughter's wish.

The princess nodded slightly, "Yes, Father," she replied, "It's all I've ever wanted."