Chapter 21

Kat POV. (This is explicit. FYI)

Santi gently guides me into his car and once we're both settled. I cautiously reach for his right hand, silently hugging it to my chest with both arms. My default comfort position.

My heart is racing in uncertainty, anxiety pumping through my veins. But now, both slow down. We reach a red light and I feel him resist the lock I have on his forearm and hand.

I realize he is pulling away from my touch, from me and I hold my breath. Santi has never resisted comforting me and even though he'd been pulling away emotionally recently, physyical he was always here with me. I'd found comfort in that.

Kat, let him go. I tell myself like a cop negotiating a hostage release.

I loosen my grip on his arm first, as I start to disentangle my outer arm from him. Instantly his clutched hand tightens in mine preventing me from letting go any further and he brings the back of my hand to his lips.

I watch him quietly as he softly bites/nibbles the back of my hand, he grazes his lips over the bite, before kissing the place he bit.

I relax and smile, "Did you just bite me?"

I laugh in disbelief as our hands fall between us still connected as he continues home.

"No... It was a tiny nibble. Tengo hambre. (I'm hungry.)" He responds and then turns to me with a teasing smile for the last words.

My smile widens and I fake gasp, "Santi... Do I look like food to you?"

He smiles raising any eyebrow suggestively, "Gatita, I can answer that two ways."

His voice drops an octave, "I can pull over and give you my answer, ahora. Or I can give you my answer cuando lleguemos a casa. (When we get home.)"

Damn, he had a way with words. He turns to face me for a second, temptation burning in his eyes as they fall on mine.

God, I pray I'm not drooling or looking as thirsty as I feel.

I clear my throat and look away suddenly overwhelmed by how hot it was.

I put your hands in my lap and release his only to lay it on my upper thigh covering it with my own.

He squeezes me tightly and lust over takes the initial surprise on his face.

"Umm... Pull over."

" Kat..." He says hesitantly, keeping his eyes on the road. His knuckle grazes me over my joggers and I instinctively squeeze his hand.

I look around us and contemplate where we could park that was shadowed.

"Turn right here and go straight, we can park behind High Rock."

He sits straighter, his hand never leaving my lap and picks up speed. In 5 minutes we are parked away from the few cars in the small lot.

I use all my will power to release his hand as Santi takes off the ignition and climbs out of the car, my eyes never leaving his figure.

He opens the passager door and guides me out before sitting where I had, pulling the sit all the way back adjusting it to accommodate his long legs best as the car will allow.

"Siéntese." He commands our eyes locked.

And jelly my legs turn! If this man told me he wanted my kidney right know I'd perform the surgery myself.

I try to step in the car, eyes still trained on the man in front of me and my body pays for my lack of attention as I trip into the car.

Santi smoothly breaks my fall and pulling me to kneel between his legs. Mortified I hide my face in my hands and bury it myself in his chest.