Chapter 13

** 7 years later ** (Grown Kat)

Great, I'm going to miss my train!

I scold myself as I rush to the subway station.

I look at my phone and check the time while I speedwalk/jog to my destination.

"Next train is arriving in 1 minute." The PA chimes.

No It's 5:53, I have 2 mi--

" I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings." I apologize to the subject of my clumsiness dropping what's in my hands.

I squat down and pick up the papers I had had a iron grip on before I was caught off guard.

"Physical therapy?" I hear a deep voice ask.

"Yes." I smile, "My last ye--" I look up mid-sentence and lose balance of my stance but strong arms reach out and grip me before it's too late.

He smelled so good! I fight the urge to sniff him and try to stay composed.

"You okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine... Uh... thank you." I respond gathering the last of my papers off the ground.

"It's been a while..." He starts.

"Yeah that's life. Can I have those, please?" I ask pointing to the ones in his hands, my own shaking as a heat washes over me.

He nods giving me his small ever present smirk and hands them to me.

"Thank you." I reply and pick up the phone nearly forgot I dropped.

"You look different. What are you doing in the city?" He asks.

"The hospital I'm doing my training at is a couple blocks away." I respond.

"West General?"

"Yup." I respond curtly.

"Look as much as I'd love to play catch-up with you I just missed my train and I have to go check when the next one's coming." I say turning away.

"Wait." He says and I pause in stride. "I just started working near here, so... maybe we can catch and hang out sometime."

My stomach does somersaults while my heart starts pounding. I was not ready to sit down with this man.

It's been almost seven years since we'd spoken and he wanted to go out. Ugh...he was so gorgeous, which was no surprise I may do some light social stalking on him every once in a while. A spark of longing hits me, no I can't spend time with him I would no doubt be putty in his hand.

"I'm sorry, I just have a lot going on right now. Maybe next time." I hurriedly walk away, holding my breathe as looking back after a few moments.

He was gone. I probably just imagined him.

******

Fuck, mami looked fine! Fucking breathtaking.

I smile to myself, I knew she was working and training at the hospital near my new assignment. I knew everything about her.

I'm a fucking creep.

I quickly remember that I'm headed my boss's office to get a debrief of my new post.

I worked for Toyota as a modeling control engineer, I was just moved to a new post because headquarters was moving. Toyota payed really well so I wasn't complaining. I was lucky it brought me closer to Kat, than my previous post a whole state away. Six years, 8 months and 26 days.