3: HE'S NOT ALL BAD

— CHAPTER 3 —

I TURN OFF MY ALARM and then check the time—4:35 AM

I TURN OFF MY ALARM and then check the time—4:35 AM. I got on my phone and checked my notifications. One of them surprised me.

Ricky Bowen is now following you on Instagram!

I never got to become friends with Ricky in high school. He was VERY defensive. He would torture anybody who tried to hurt Nini or Sam. I remember one time, a kid hit Nini when she was pregnant, and Ricky went MAD. He punched his eye, and his arm broke as well.

I'm pretty sure more happened that day.

But, he's not all bad. He's just an overprotective dad, and I'm pretty sure people would do the same if they were in his shoes.

I took a shower and got dressed and ate breakfast. Being an English teacher is exhausting. I've never been a teacher up til' now. I like kids. I like English.

Plus, these are juniors, it can't be HORRIBLE.

I WAIT AT MY DESK for the bell to ring and then I saw Sam walk in

I WAIT AT MY DESK for the bell to ring and then I saw Sam walk in. She was dressed in a long black hoodie and shorts, and she had an upsetting look on her face. "Good morning, Miss Bowen." I smiled at her. Bowen. Such a nice last name.

"Morning," she replied. Maybe she was just tired. But yesterday, she was laughing and having fun. Even before that other girl arrived.

"You sure?" I asked again. "It's a safe space. You're quite early actually."

"I mean...ugh! I just have this secret and I wanna tell Dad but I don't know how..." Now I was definitely intrigued. I raised both of my eyebrows. "I also have to tell him at some point. I've been keeping it for about like three years. I'm so fucking tired."

"Okay, well, what's the issue? Like, is it just nervousness or how to word it?"

"No! It's just...fuck! It's gonna RUIN my life and his life!" She groaned. "Forget it-"

"No! If it's bothering you, you should tell him. Just sit him down and confess to him, you know?" I suggested. She nodded her head and smiled.

"Thanks, Mr. Caswell." she smiled. "You should come by sometime. Dad said you two used to go to school together."