Chapter 2: Gem Glow

The next morning Y/n woke up to a quiet house. Leaving his room he sees a note on the new table in the living room. The note read 'Went shopping, didn't wanna wake you -Mom' after reading the note the boy went outside heading back to where he met the kid from yesterday. However the slight rumbling in his stomach made him take a small detour to the doughnut shop he visited yesterday. 

Opening the door to the shop he was met with the familiar voice of the boy from the other day crying out.

Steven: "NOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Looking over at him, Steven  is looking at a small empty freezer with the face of a smiling  cat on the top.

Steven: "This cant be happening. This has to be a dream. Lars, Lars! Please tell me I'm dreaming!" 

He grabs lars around the waist but the taller boy just walks away making him fall to the floor. 

Lars: "Get off me man, I'm stocking here"

Sadie: "Sorry Steven I guess they stopped making them"

Steven: "Stop making them?! Why in the world would they stop making cookie cats?. The're only the most scrumptious and delicious ice cream sandwich ever made. Don't they have laws for this?!"

Lars: crouching next to a cabinet restocking "Tough bits man. Guess they couldn't compete with Lion lickers"

Steven groans walking over to the lion lickers fridge

Steven: "No lot lion lickers! Nobody likes them, tehy dont even look like lions. Kids these day's I'll tell you what!"

Lars: "Well if you miss your wimpy ice cream so much why don't you make some with your magic belly button" he laughs 

Steven: "That's not how it works lars" he lifts his shirt showing a rose colored gem in place of a belly button "Right?"

Y/n fully enters the store now making the door ding as Sadie looks to see him. Y/n however is more focused on Steven having seen the gem on him and filling his head with several thoughts. 

Y/n: (He has one too?)

Sadie: Hi welcome to the big doughnut. Oh it's you again the new kid right?

Y/n: "Uh... yeah" he replies while going to the counter "Just a F/d please" 

While Sadie get's his doughnut Y/n cant help but to overhear Steven. 

Steven: "Oh, sweet cookie cats, with your crunchy cookie outside and your icy creamy insides... You were too good for this world" He draws a cat on the freezer with his finger before kissing it

Sadie: "Uh, Steven? Do you wanna take the freezer with you?" she asks while handing Y/n his doughnut as he pays. Lars leans over looking at Steven along with Y/n and Sadie while the boy nods. 

Y/n: "Are you really gonna let him take that?"

Sadie: "Why not, we were just gonna throw it out otherwise"

Y/n: "Valid point" he then approaches Steven "Hey, Steven right."

Steven: "Yeah, oh Y/n it's you"

Y/n: "Yeah. Sorry if this seems like it's coming from nowhere but do you think I could meet those gems you were talking about yesterday?"

Steven: "You wanna meet the gems?"

Y/n:  he nods "Mhm, I know it's an odd request but i'd really like to meet them"

Steven: for some reason his eyes gained stars as a smile appeared on his face "It's not odd at all, just fallow me and I can introduce you guys" 

Steven then started to life the cookie cat fridge with some slight difficulty only for Y/n to lift it out of his hands.