13: THE RUNAWAY SHOES

Harry was having a hard time dealing with Sirius' death. Percy could tell. Something inside both of them just....broke. While everyone was in the Great Hall, celebrating, the two walked side by side in the corridor.

"So, you're a demigod?" Harry questioned.

"Yeah," Percy responded. "My father is Poseidon, God of the Sea."

"Cool," Harry muttered. "I wish I had that life."

"Trust me," Percy laughed. "You don't."

Harry stopped in his tracks. "My whole life is messed up just because of one stupid Prophecy!"

"Oh, don't get me started," Percy sighed.

They looked down the corridor to see Luna skipping around.

"Why are you in the Great Hall?" Harry questioned.

"I've lost all my possessions. Apparently people have been hiding them."

"That's awful!" Percy whispers.

"Oh, it's all good fun," Luna assures him. "But as this is the last night, I really do need them back."

"Do you want any help finding them?" Asks Harry.

"I'm sorry about your Godfather, Harry."

"Are you sure you don't want any help looking?" He repeats.

"That's all right," she smiles. "Anyway, my mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end."

Luna looks up at the ceiling arch, where a pair of her shoes are dangling.

"If not always in the way we expect."