CHAPTER 4

¨take the finger home with you. I have to observe it. Don't feel guilty, he's not an angel I assure you." the text said. I couldn't believe this person. I have standards. At this point I've already crossed the line. ¨can i just send a photo?¨ i asked, trying to avoid taking a HUMAN finger home. So unsanitary and disgusting. I really thought I had standards. ¨fine. Just aim it at a light so I can see it better¨ phew, at least i avoided one thing. Imagine my landlord seeing me with a decapitated finger? I'd be in prison! How'd I be able to get a job if I had a criminal record?! It'd be a living hell I tell you!
    I turned on the flash from my phone and got ready to take the photo. The big bright light flashed at the finger made the blood more red looking. The light stunned me a bit and I realized it's almost morning. Somebody could find me with this light! I looked around and ran away once the photo was enhanced. Im hyperventilating in fear and the exhaustion of running too fast. My heart feels like it's about to explode in my head and brain. I'm so tired. Am I just making myself suffer more?
    ¨what a nice smooth cut, ill say im impressed¨ the individual said. That's most likely the nicest thing I've heard in this situation. Besides how good a job sounds right now. "Now can I get my job?" I complained. I was already fed up with this. I get offered a job by an utter psychopath, and I have to cut a man's finger off since I can't cut my own for the love of god. I'm ready to get this over with.
    "You can get your job now. Just head to 3510 3rd Avenue. You'll see a restaurant. See you there, josephine." I panicked at the message with my actual name shown. How could they know?! There's no way it could be a coincidence! There's millions of names in the world. This has to be a dream, a hallucination, something! I should sleep. Maybe I'll wake up early. As I throw myself onto my water mattress, I stare at the wall as my vision turns black. I could rest. I feel like tomorrow will be a real shocker.
    I dug a hole in the ground and buried the decapitated finger. I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it. I feel like a criminal. When I finished, I headed home slowly, yet steadily. I was too tired to run, especially with my head spinning with a headache. I start to pause my hyperventilating and take deeper breaths in exhaustion. I head up the rigid stone stairs of my apartment and unlock the door. I've never felt so glad to go back to my ugly home. I wish I had Advil, my headache is killing me.