CHAPTER 5

I didn't get enough sleep last night. I almost slept in till I realized I had a job now. I got up and got dressed in my classic black T-Shirt and some jeans. Not ripped jeans since I'd like to look formal. Or, formal enough. I wonder how much I'll get paid. Oh well, I'll find out. Before I left, I took one more stretch and looked at my room. Am I really ready to leave? I decided to suck it up, take a good long sigh, and head out.
        As I walked out, I had my head full. About the man yesterday, if it's even a man. My name being called echoed in my head. Josephine, Josephine.. Josephine... .I couldn't stand the uneasy feeling of my situation. I start to see the restaurant he was talking about, it looks childish. It's a diner, with a pig on the logo, Porky's Diner. It looks quite old, like something from the late 80s. But who am I to judge? I'm a poor, college drop out that lives in a crusty apartment. Well, time to walk in. first day on the job.

  A big, plump, tall man walked in with confusion

  A big, plump, tall man walked in with confusion. He gave me an intimidating stare thinking I was some trespasser. It was like staring at Frankenstein himself. His gaze softened when he saw a skinny, hunched over man in an odd mask. It was a bone color, I'm guessing it used to be white. I wasn't sure if it was bandages or a mask. He had enough space to breathe through, you can see his dark, yet glowy eyes that gave me chills.
Was this the man that is the mysterious number? Maybe I shouldn't judge. As I stood there confused I zoned out while hearing a muffled conversation between the two. I couldn't understand what they were saying but it sounded important. None of my buisness anyway. One of the men opened the door and decided to let me in. I finally snapped out of my mind dozing off and still had a confused look on my face. The skinny, bandaged man said in a friendly tone "You're the new employee, yes?" I felt like there was something off about the man. Something I couldn't put my finger on. It's not the way he looks, it's the way he acts that makes me feel a little uncomfortable.
I gulped and spoke in a cautious voice "yes, it's my first day." The scrawny man spoke "well, come in and let me show you your position here at porky's." It felt weird being welcome to someone's building that's not my own. I really need to get out of the house more. It feels odd being in public.
        I followed the bony man into the restaurant. The strong aroma of fast food made my mouth water a little. The smell was meaty, and well cooked. Made me realize how long I haven't smelt a meal, all I've eaten was cheap microwave noodles. I turned around to look at the robotic pig in the logo, Porky, holding a banjo and having a wide grin. I'm guessing they are for entertainment. They all had beady eyes and an odd grin. Making eye contact with them made my bones chill. I looked away and focused on the food's scent. After my paycheck I should head to the market. I think I remember how to cook. Although no matter how welcoming it seems right now, I still had an unsettling feeling in my stomach.
       The situation just didn't match up. It was so horrifying yesterday, I almost felt like fainting. I can't get the memory of cutting that poor man's finger. It was inhumane to even think about it. Something feels wrong. Something I agreed to feels like I'll see something I'll never forget. The man led me to the kitchen and said in a slightly excited tone "Shall i show you your position?"