Christmas Holiday

Months Later- December time

The college winter holidays had just started in Mid December and was going to last one month so students had returned to their parental homes to spend the time leading to Christmas and afterwards.

The Rosarios were no exception. Neither were the O'Neils. But their vacations were not just dedicated to having time off or Christmas shopping or parties . It was time for business too. 

Vienna had returned home that day from college and was standing with her mother, Adele Rosario in church. They both lit candles and said their prayers. They were alone. Her father only attended church on Sundays and therefore  was not with Vienna and Adele Rosario as they had attended church during a week day.

Viggo would have attended church with his mother and sister but was occupied with Angelia as she was still making recovery emotionally. This time of the year was extra hard for Angelia to endure. She was no longer on medication now but she cried and had difficulty sleeping when she lived through the memories of how her family had been massacred years ago. This festive season made her feel sad as she had no family to celebrate Christmas with.

Angelia had improved but Viggo always spent time with her whenever she could in college.   Viggo hardly had any time at all with the day dedicated to studying and night was with their father in his office getting mentored about business.  But whatever spare time he had he tried to dedicate to Angelia. 

All Rosario children had not arrived home for Christmas yet. Vincenzo hadn't returned home. He had travelled to Sicily to take care of some business and then he was going to return as soon a she could.  Vincenzo had to deal with all his duties to leave orders behind that could last over the festive season so he did not miss Christmas time at home. He wanted to be in New York with his family for Christmas. Vincenzo could easily stay in Sicily for as long as he needed. No one was going to object. But he had chosen to leave the business in the hands of Vitale in his absence and communicate in codes via telegrams.

As the mother and daughter stepped foot out of church they were surrounded by the Rosario security guards. Vienna looked at her mother who was pressing her lips and holding her purse tightly with one hand and holding Vienna's hand with another. Her stare was at the tall young man who was cockily leaning to his car with his hands in his pockets staring right at Vienna. His own security were of course surrounding him as he was looking right at Vienna.

Adele cleared her throat and turned to Vienna "Let's go sweetie." She then pulled her towards the Rosario car.

Vienna turned to Tristan and shrugged giving him an apologetic look. Tristan shook his head. He signalled to his men to close the gates of the church drive way's entrance. The church was on private property and had one entrance which was also the exit. The church was deserted for some reason that day as Tristan had cleared the area with warning signs.

As a Rosario guard opened the door for Adele Rosario to enter the car, she spotted the gates coming down. She closed her eyes. Tristan never gave up. She let go of Vienna's hand and opened her eyes. He turned to Tristan who was standing there still with his stare only on Vienna silently. Adele knew she didnt have much choice. She was no gangster to start a stand off and for what? A losing battle. Her daughter obviously didn't mind.

Vienna sighed and whispered in a low tone that the guards couldn't hear "Mum. I told you he will come to pick me up. You can't stop him. You knew he was coming to pick me up from the mansion and you decided we go to church. He follows me where I go even if we come to this isolated private place that Alessio Voltolini owns. I told you he will track me down even though you told the guards not to tell him where we went. Its the college holidays... You knew its inevitable for him to ask to see me..."