Intermission I

The group gave him a round of applause as he took a half bow. That tale of the little girl drops your body temp even more than the cool air. In the dim light of the fire, you can be seen visually shaking.

"Okay, who's up next?" The boy asks while pointing at everyone in the group.

The attractive teen next to you places their wool blanket over your shoulders. It warms you up a bit.

"You look like you need it more than me," they give you a warm smile as they raise their hand up.

"I got one, but it's just some information that was just released," the teen stands up.

"Aye lay it on us," the first boy gestures to the teen to take front and center as he takes their seat.

"Okay, so this information is in relation to the crime wave from a while ago that had the county in a chokehold."

"Oh, you talkin' about when those two BDs turned the streets into a bloodbath all over some BS,"' a girl says.

"It was two boys from the EDz," the ebony girl says.

"Ah same diff," the other girl waves her hand.

The ebony girl's eyes ignited like spark plugs, but no one noticed because she closed her eyes and gave an almost kind smile. You're the only one to notice her expression. The way the other girl dismissed the ebony girl's correction must've struck a nerve with her, but you're not sure.

"Everyone listens up," the teen says.