Part 3: 1O1: A Lesson for Young Lovers - Homecoming

• • •

     When your vision returns, you are greeted by the sight of a decorated gymnasium filled with well-dressed teens, dancing, and mangling. You see all this from a top-down view. You have no idea what's going on and how you ended up in the gym. You start to panic and scream out, but no one can hear you. You are soon dragged to the center of the gym. You hover over a couple dancing close together. The sound of the two is all you can hear as the rest of the teens' voices in the gymnasium fade away. The music is lowered, but still audible.

- - -

••• Oct. 11 - Homecoming Dance •••

"You really look like a princess, y'know," the dark skin-stocky well-built young man says as he sways to the slow melody while holding the waist of a lovely young ebony woman.

"I know," the young woman says as her date towels her around. The end of her slightly-fancy pink dress puffs out. "Tell me something I don't know, milord." The girl says sporting a huge smile on her face as her date finishes toweling her. She resumes to rest her hands around the young man's neck.

"Okay milady," the young man pulls his date closer, "do y'know I love you, Sharaty?" He kisses her forehead, Sharaty's cheeks blushes brightly under the multi-colored lights of the gymnasium

"I love you too, Damian," she sneaks a quick peck on his lips. "And I already know that, so try again." She finishes with a warm smile.

"Okay, I bet you don't know," Damian leans forward and whispers into Sharaty's ear, "I got the EC full athletic scholarship to GSU." Sharaty's jaw drops as she pulls away and stares into Damian's dark brown eyes.

"Are you for real?" Damian nods his head yes. Sharaty lets out a shriek that a few of the couples near give them side glances. Damian lifts Sharaty into the air and spins around, then stops to bring her into a passionate kiss. They don't care for the chaperones' presents.

- - -

The scene before you fade away and you're once again transported to another one. This time you hover above the Heritance football field. You spot your school team, in their home red and black gear, getting ready to run their final play of the game. Again, a force pulls you, but this time towards a player on their side. The noise of the two stands becomes low just enough for you to hear the announcers.

••• Oct. 18 - Homecoming Gameday •••

"It's the last play for The Pack against Park View's Patriots with the latter leading by three," a female announcer says, "The Pack is fourth and long with 30 seconds on the clock," she finishes.

"Angela, they also have no time outs left and eighteen yards out of field goal range, so what will the Pack do here?" A male announcer speaks. "Looks like The Pack is GOING FOR IT," the male announcer yells.

"Look Paul," Angela says, "Number eleven just handed number thirty-three the ball!"

"Why," Paul interjects, "didn't he pass it to their star runner back, Kingston?"

"Nope, it was a FAKE," Angela informs, "Oh no, Blakeman, the QB, is running it himself right into the Patriots defense!" She announced with horror, lacing her voice. "The Patriots are closing in on Blakeman."

"Looks like this could be the end for The Pack," all excitement evaporates from Paul's voice.

"NO, IT'S NOT," Angela roars into the loudspeaker, "Look, it was another fake. Blakeman just launched the ball down field deep into Patriots' territory!"

"Who's even down there," Paul jumps back in with some of his excitement returning. "OH MY - LOOK FOLKS," Paul screams into the microphone, "IT'S NUMBER TWENTY, DAMIAN KINGSTON!"