Part 2: EBONY DAWGZ - Excerpt

• • •

     "This new information comes from a transcript report from this year on the crime wave," the teen begins.

~~~

On Saturday morning April 14th at 8:44, CCPD received a call from Second Chance Auto Shop, which was owned by Lionel Jackson. The owner's granddaughter, Audrey Jackson, called to report the murder of her grandfather, Lionel Jackson.

We arrived at the shop after the EMT, they told us that Mr. Jackson had died between twelve and one am. After a look around we found the shop fitted with internal and external cameras. Ms. Jackson granted us permission to collect all the camera footage to get justice for her grandfather. We copied the footage onto a USB drive. After checking the files, we found out there was no sound captured.

The footage captured gave us six suspects at first, but that's before we knew the identities of two of the suspects that came and visited Mr. Jackson at 6:52 pm. They are captured by the external cameras pulling into the parking lot of the shop, then again by the garage internal camera entering Mr. Jackson's office. All three men were in the office for about five minutes, but one of the young men left. He is soon captured exiting the shop and getting into his dark colored four door car.

A few minutes later Mr. Jackson, Audrey holding her baby boy, and the other young man are captured standing outside in front of the shop. Mr. Jackson hugged the young man before he hopped into the passenger side of the car. The men soon left the parking lot near 7:30 pm.

We didn't know at the time that those two young men would become two suspects of a county wide manhunt. The two have been ID'd as two members of the Ebony Dawgz of River Bridge, set 404. At the time we didn't have any reason to rush after those two since we thought they were just close with Mr. Jackson.

We kept looking through the footage and came across a trio of men arriving at the shop three hours later at 11:54 at night. The three came in a dark colored vehicle, they pulled into the parking lot of the auto shop and continued to the back towards the garage doors.

A hidden camera behind the sign above the garage doors caught the three assailants entering the garage. Several minutes after the three unknown men entered the garage, we lost them a bit due to stacks of tires and cars obstructing the camera's view, but we could see the tops of their heads as they moved around the garage.

After some time, we saw the top of a fourth man's head, it was Mr. Jackson. A few minutes after Mr. Jackson approached the three men seven flashes of light are captured by the internal cameras. We found out later that those were muzzle flashes. We discovered that the three men shot off seven rounds all together, but only hitting Mr. Jackson three times. He was dead before he hit the ground. We found the other four rounds lodged into stacks of tires and a bumper of a car.

After the three men shot and killed Mr. Jackson, one of the men took a car that Mr. Jackson was working on all day and night. A few seconds later the two vehicles are captured speeding away from the shop heading down Martin Luther King Avenue.

The next activity that was captured by the external and internal cameras happened some hours later, when Mr. Jackson was found by his granddaughter, Audrey. She came in to open the shop.

We believe the death of Lionel Jackson was the catalyst that sparked the crime wave that ran unchecked in the summer months. We strongly believe that the two members of the street gang Ebony Dawgz, who went to visit Mr. Jackson that night, took his death to heart and ran out to get their own version of justice. After we ID'd them we pressed everyone that knew them, but no one seemed to know where they were and what they were doing. That did not stop us though. We eventually found them and put an end to their war. But not before their war took many innocent lives. However, we did lose one of the suspects before we could book and question them.

~~~

"I believe that's all the Crimson Post released, or at least what the Crimson P.I. uploaded to their IG account," the teen finishes.

• • •