Intermission II

"Spirit walk," Sable says as you two walk back out of the cafeteria after you finished placing your tray in the return stack, "is when someone leaves their physical body and moves in spirit form through time to events that have passed." She finishes as you two walk down the crowded hall full of students trying to walk to their next class. You stick close to her, so as not to be separated.

"The events you saw happened about twelve years ago. Damian and Sharaty were like royalty on campus but like in history kings and queens don't rule forever." You mold over Sable's words as you two sidestep and walk around clusters of teens paused in the middle of the hallway like no one else has a class to get to.

"Yeah, the term is said to be coined by the original natives of this land, who were forced out, but the term saw a resurgence due to a local author that talked about having the ability to spirit walk in dreams. They explain it as an advanced lucid dreaming."

As you listen to her explaining you two walk past the library. The doors are propped open, and you see there's some kind of book fair going on. But it looks more like a book signing because you see three lines of students and staff standing with their backs towards the entrance. You see a table with a young dark skin man taking pictures and signing books. A stack of books sits next to him on the table and a purple banner rest above him. It reads, Dreamer Walker.

While dodging a teen speed walking you accidentally bump into another teen exiting the library and knock their tower of books out of their hands and onto the floor. You apologize as both of you kneel to pick up the books.

You pick up a book with a black and white young African American man as center focus with a transparent man and woman placing their hands on his shoulder, all three are surrounded by deep and vibrant shades of purple. The title of the book is, "The Dream Walker: A True Account of Spirit Walks Through Dreams, an Autobiography by Kyle Mathis."

Before you can hand the book to its owner the crowded hallway is swallowed by darkness and then a bright orange and yellow light fades in and surrounds you.

You look around and all you see are flames engulfing the building you're in, but it's not Heritance High. Looks like a roller rank. You start to think, "No, not again. I want to go back - back to school."

Just a second later the light system hanging around the rink crashes to the ground around you. After that you hear a man screaming in the distance.