PRESENTATION

The next day, Peter and Joe worked on their project in their dorm.

"Peter, you seem really happy for someone who just broke up with his girlfriend. Shouldn't you be devastated right now?" pondered Joe. He was genuinely curious how someone could just not give a shit while Lois was probably sobbing her eyes out.

"Well it was better now than later," started peter. "I never liked her that much anyways."

"You know what, joe?" asked Peter, scribbling mindlessly, kicking his feet in the air. "I think I'm in love with Quagmire,"

Joe was taken aback.

"Oh.. really? I'm actually happy for you peter." said joe.

The thing is, Joe had been secretly in love with Lois for years. She was finally single, and now was his chance. He was secretly so happy that Peter had broken up with her, whether she was absolutely broken or not.

"Yeah. I think I was just more in love with the idea of having a girlfriend than actually being in love with her. She's practically unlovable, man." Said Peter.

Joe clenched his fist.

"Haha, yeah..."

Meanwhile, With Lois and Quagmire...

"So... how are you feeling?" asked Quagmire.

Lois looked awful. Her eyes were puffy and she could barely get through 10 minutes without breaking into tears.

"I uh... I saw petah today. It was hard." said Lois. Her voice cracked. She couldn't even say his name without crying.

"Yeah. I guess it's not easy when both your first and second period classes are with him." said Quagmire.

Lois continued working on her project. She couldn't respond, her words were caught in the back of her throat.

"If it makes you feel better, just know we're here for you." asked Quagmire.

"That's the thing." managed Lois. "How can i be sure? He said it practically every day, and look how fake that turned out to be." Lois went on.

"Please Lois, don't start thinking like that." said Quagmire.

"But how can I not? Every time someone says they love me, I say I love you too. But it makes me want to cry. Every time I get a compliment, every time someone says they're happy in my life, I can't help but wonder whether they'd be happier if I weren't."

"Lois..." He didn't know how to respond.

"It's just... I've been devastated, but he seems so much happier since I've been gone." started Lois.

"I can't help but wonder whether you all would be happier too. I've been thinking about switching schools. I can't stand to see his face in the halls anymore, or all over my friends' social media... I just need to get away from him. I've blocked him and yet it still feels like I can't stay away. I want a fresh start, Quagmire."

"Why is she monologuing? Girl stfu" thought quagmire.

"Lois, I can't say the same about everybody on the earth. but as your friends, we love you.

"Then why are you all on Peter's side?" thought Lois, tears still silently escaping her dark swollen eyes. she collapsed into quagmires arms, quickly flowing from a cry into a sob. 

Quagmire couldn't do anything but hold her as she wept.