Regret (2)

No one's POV

Chaeyoung's pain didn't stop from that day when she heard Mina confess the true reason for their break up. After a month, she unintentionally heard that Mina and the actor are already dating. Even though she's hurt she  decided to pretend that everything is okay and for her members' sake and their career she tried her best to remain friends with Mina but of course as much as possible she didn't let herself stay with the girl alone. They just casually greet each other and that's it. They will talk if they need to  and that's what bothers their Leader. She's not in favor of what her best friend, Mina did to Chaeyoung. And, she also can't blame the latter for staying away.

Chaeng? Aren't you going with us to have dinner? Jihyo asked as she saw Chaeyoung walking out the venue of their photoshoot.

Nah! I'll pass Unnie. I have things to do. Chaeyoung said.

Like what? Nayeon asked.

It's personal. Chaeyoung replied.

I'm not going too. Tzuyu butts in.

Huh?! You too? Sana asked.

Yup. Let's go Chaeng Chaeng. Tzuyu said.

Yah! Wait for me. Dahyun yelled.

I'm sorry Unnies but we need to do something important. Please enjoy your meal. Dahyun said then run to catch up with the two.

What just happened?! Jeongyeon look at her friends.

Jihyo just sigh.
--

Are you sure this is the house?! Dahyun asked for the third time.

Yes. I'm sure. Stop asking Dubu. Keep quiet. Chaeyoung hushed her friend.

A woman in her mid forty opened the door a minute after Chaeyoung push the door bell button.

What can I do to you ladies? She asked the three.

Uhm. Is this where Karina Yu lives? Tzuyu asked.

Oh! I'm sorry but I don't know where the previous owner of this house. The woman replied.

"O" the only word Chaeyoung uttered.

Do you know where she transferred? Dubu curiously asked.

I'm sorry. I don't know. The woman apologetically replied.

The three idols was disappointed especially Chaeyoung. They politely took their leave.

So, what should we do?! Tzuyu ask her two friends.

Tsk. I don't know what you were thinking Chaeng. How on earth did you decide to freeze your egg and donate it later on? Dahyun complained.

I don't know. It's just I want to surprise Mina that I decided to do it 3years ago. About, donating.. I was drunk! Okay?!
Chaeyoung reasoned out.

Three months passed

It's been three months since Chaeyoung knew the name of the woman who luckily got her egg cells. It's been a month since Chaeyoung was able to locate the woman who received her egg cells. The woman was already one month pregnant when the Cub found her selling vegetables on the market as her source of income. According to Chaeyoung's investigation, the woman's husband got into a vehicular accident that led to his sudden death. It made the woman's life challenging. Chaeyoung, from time to time secretly follows the pregnant woman. She didn't even tell Tzuyu and Dahyun about it yet. She saw how the woman tried her best to survive because the latter is an orphan and because of this Chaeyoung offered the woman to live with her.

--
JYP's practice room

The members are all complete for their comeback practice. The members are casually talking to each other except for Chaeyoung who's busy chatting someone.

Chaeng Chaeng.. Nayeon called the Cub.

Yes Unnie? Chaeyoung answered not looking at Nayeon. She's busy typing on her phone and who knows who she is chatting with.

Are you dating someone? Nayeon asked.

Chaeyoung stopped from typing and look at Nayeon nervously as if she was caught red handed. The members stop talking and diverted all their attention to Chaeyoung.

I- uhm. Of course. No. Chaeyoung nervously answered.

But- it looks like you're dating someone. Jeongyeon added.

I- uhm. Actually, it's complicated. Chaeyoung answered.

"O" the only word the members uttered because they know Chaeyoung doesn't want to give details.

Chaeng? Jihyo called her.

Ne~ Unnie. Chaeyoung answered looking at her.

A friend of mine told me that they saw you in a club - with a girl.

The members gasps in shock except for the two maknaes who sometimes tasked to fetch the girl out of the club.

I know I don't have the right to stop what you want to do in your personal life. I just want to remind you to be careful. Okay? Jihyo explained.

Ne~ Unnie. Don't worry. I just had one night stand. That's all. Chaeyoung reasoned out.

The members had their jaw dropped from the sudden confession.

You what?!! Mina asked almost yelled.

Sana looked surprise at Mina while Momo trying her best to make Mina calm down.

I had sex Mina. Chaeyoung dryly replied.

What were you thinking?! Mina asked in scolding manner.

What?! Do you expect me to remain that childish ex-girlfriend of yours?! And, why acting worried when in fact you just abandoned me months ago? Chaeyoung burst out.

Chaeng. Calm down. Tzuyu said while hugging the Cub.

I didn't abandon you Chaeyoung. It was you who distance yourself from me as well as to others. Mina replied back.

Tsk. If I didn't distance myself I might have died from- nevermind. Chaeyoung didn't continue what she's about to say.

Chaeng. Jeongyeon called her.

Please understand that we including Mina are worried about you. We love you. Jeongyeon added.

Love?! Tsk. Don't worry about me Unnies. I'm old enough to know what's right and wrong. I'm old enough to choose who should I be with. I'm old enough to know my worth. So, please don't worry about me. I promise I won't make troubles for the group's career. Chaeyoung explained.

Of course! You're old enough to know that having one night stand isn't good for you but still does it. Mina said.

Of course! You're also old enough to know that it's none of your business. Just mind your own relationship Mina. You're guarding the wrong person. Chaeyoung retorted.

Chaeng! Just Stop. Sana yelled.

What? Am I wrong? Chaeyoung provoking Sana.

But Sana didn't answer. She just look at Chaeyoung with worry and nervousness.

Guess what? You are all curious what's going on in my life and now I'm telling you what you want to know so that you won't be worrying about me. Chaeyoung said and walked out of the practice room.

Will she be okay? Momo asked.

She will. We've been together lately. And, she's not going to clubs anymore. Dahyun explained.

So, you know? Nayeon asked.

Yeah. Kind of we were the one who are  picking her up when she's drunk. Most likely she's like a dead person when drunk. Tzuyu answered.

About her one night stand? You know? You let her?! Mina asked.

About that, we just found out today. Dahyun disappointedly replied.

--