Regret (6)

Mexico
Jeongyeon's POV

Is it true that Chaeyoung will not be participating tomorrow's concert? Jihyo irritatedly asked.

Unfortunately, Yes. Manager Unnie nervously answered.

What?! All of us asked in surprise.

Is she sick? Mina suddenly ask. Concern can be seen in her face.

No. Actually, its a family emergency. Manager Unnie answered.

Where is she? I ask.

She already left the city. Upon receiving the bad news she decided to take the earliest flight last night. Manager Unnie answered.

And, she didn't even texted us or Ji? Nayeon asked.

I hope you understand. Its an emergency. She maybe not thinking right last night. Manager Unnie nervously reasoned out.

Unnie.. By any chance, do you know what's happening to Chaeng lately? I mean even before she seems occupied by lot of things. Jihyo asked.

I observed that too. She's distracted lately and quiet. I said.

She's always been quiet unnies. Tzuyu butts in.

I know. But- she seems different. How about you Mina? Lately, you two are always together. Did you observe that too? I asked Mina. Everyone is looking at her hoping she can answer.

She's naturally quiet Unnie but I think I know what you've been pointing. I don't know if it's because of our past but she's not that open about her life like before. And, she matured a lot. Mina commented.

I know. Its been a while since the last time she join us in group dinner. She's mostly busy chatting or calling someone. Sana added.

I look at the maknaes and they're just quietly listening to us. I know they have hints what's going on but I can't just force them to tell us.

--
No one's POV

The concert was already done. And, the girls decided to take their dinner together in an exclusive restaurant in Mexico. After which, they book a luxurious apartment to stay in while they're in Mexico.

Poor Mitang~. I think she's been waiting for the Cub to call her. Sana whispered as she shook her head.

Mina from time to time checking her phone.

What you mean? Dubu curiously asked Sana.

Isn't it obvious? I have this feeling that our Penguin wants second chance from the Cub. Sana proudly answered.

"O" the only word came out from Dahyun.

Dubu, can you help our penguin to get her cub? You are one of the closest to her among us. Sana cutely asked Dahyun.

But- she- Mina unnie cheated on my best friend. I- I don't want Chaeyoung to get hurt again. Dahyun reasoned out.

Wait- Our best friend didn't cheat to your best friend. Sana nervously uttered.

She did. Come on. Chaeyoung already knew it. She heard the three of you talking inside our practice room. No need to cover it up. Dahyun said as she rolled her eyes.

Dahyun time to time eyeing Mina. She can't help it not to feel disappointed.

She knew?!! And, why she didn't tell anything to us.. or to Mitang? Sana curiously asked.

There's no point on doing that. Mina Unnie chose to replace her. That's it! Dahyun irritatedly answered.

And now, she's toying Mitang?! Making her believe that they are getting back? Sana angrily asked.