Chapter 4

Lena laid face down on her bed, filled with despair. It was only mid-day and her whole week was ruined. She grabbed her phone and dialed Delphine. "Hey, what's up?"

Lena groaned, "Oh my God, Delphine! I'm literally so pissed right now."

"What? What is it? Is it your family?"

"When is it not?"

"Well, what happened?"

"So, basically, today after that miserable broadcasted meeting, my parents said they needed to talk to me about something 'very serious that could impact my future.'", Lena explained. 

"Oh no."

"Ha, 'oh no' is right! So they took me into father's office and started lecturing me about my age and how it was controversial for the princess to not have a significant other at 21. Can you believe that?!" 

"That's funny; I like how you predicted this conversation, like, a month ago", Delphine laughed.

"Yeah, but you know what they said next? They're going to arrange a suitoring for me in two days."

"You're kidding."

"Nope! They meant everything. I don't even have to date him. Just get to know him better and then marry him!", Lena mocked.

Delphine said sighing, "Lena, you need to really get away from your family."

"I know, Del. I've been trying. For a while now."

"Is there anything I can do?"

"No, you're good. You're already like my vent tool, man.", Lena said rubbing her eyes in exhaustion. 

"Okay, well, I'll check in on you later, Lena. Oh, and text me the suitoring info cause I'll definitely sneak in there to see it. If you don't mind, you know.", Delphine said.

"Sure. Thanks for listening to me rant, Del."

"Of course, it's my job as your best friend. I'm here anytime."

Lena smiled, "Thanks. I'll keep you updated." "Okay, talk to you later."

She hung up and her bedroom went silent. Lena pushed her head deeper and deeper into the pillows, hoping it would somehow drown her problem.

A knock came from her door late that night. "Come in", Lena responded.

The door opened to reveal Clara holding something in her hands. "I'm so sorry to bother you, Princess, but this letter is addressed to you", she said holding out the envelope, "it was supposed to be delivered to you immediately."

Lena looked at it and then picked it up from Clara's hands. "Thank you, Clara. You may go now." Clara left the room quietly.

Lena sat down at her desk and smiled slightly at the envelope. It was from Eclipse. Lena opened it to receive the hand-written letter. It read:

"Hello, Silk Eyes. There is a new mission for you. Your target is 29-year-old Finnegan Bullsby. He's an active rapist and pedophile with a history of 5 years. We need you to gain as much information on him as you can, track him down, and assassinate him. Let it be known that this does not have to be your most discreet kill. Do it correctly and efficiently. Your cut-off date is January 27th. We are counting on you, Silk Eyes. From, Eclipse's Specialities."

The news of a new assassin mission seemed to perk Lena's spirit a bit. Hopefully it would take her mind off of the suitoring.