Chapter 8

The weeks to follow had been much easier for Lena. Her parents had quickly heard about the news of Finnegan's death and they were shocked. In fact, the whole kingdom had heard the news. 

Lena put on her best acting to match the scenario and her family fully believed it all. After a while, it seemed people started to gradually get over the situation and Lena continued with her normal life. She was feeling much happier and relaxed nowadays. 

One afternoon, Lena was relaxing in the lounge area in the castle when her name was called. Lena looked up and saw it was Clara with an envelope in her hand. "This is addressed to you, Princess." 

Lena took it and saw it was from Eclipse. "Thank you, Clara. You're free to go."

Clara turned around and left as Lena tore the envelope open and read the letter saying:

"Hello, Silk Eyes. There is a new assignment for you. Unlike your usual assignments, this one does not include a target. You have been specifically picked to train six new trainees along with a comrade from the spy organization. The two of you will help train these trainees in both fields over a 2-month course. You are to show up at the building next Friday where more details are to follow. From, Eclipse's Specialties."

Lena didn't expect something like this. "Specifically picked?"  She had never trained people before yet it seemed like Eclipse was sure she wanted Lena.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday came around and Lena made her way downtown to her first session. She told her parents she was with Delphine volunteering in a conservation project that had meetings at the building. That had been Lena's cover-up for the organization. Her parents thought it was great Lena was volunteering and helping the kingdom. Although, they usually never asked how it was going.

Lena was dropped off at the building and decided to wait in the empty lobby until someone showed up. She waited patiently and scrolled through her phone. Soon enough, Lena heard the automatic doors open as she looked up. 

A tall man walked inside and briefly looked around. He spotted Lena and walked over to her while she put away her phone. 

"Hello, I'm Moon. I'm with the spy organization", he said slightly bowing his head in politeness. 

"Hi, I'm Silk Eyes. With the assassin organization", Lena introduced back. So this must be who I'm working with, Lena thought.

He had straight dark brown hair with bangs that stopped right before his eyes, a v-shaped jawline, and brown eyes. His features were the perfect blend of soft and dark.

Lena now remembered the brief interaction they had in the elevator at a recent monthly meeting. 

"I believe I've heard of you from monthly meetings", she mentioned.