Chapter 7

Lena laid out her most flexible assassination dresses on her bed. It was gonna be a long and annoying evening until the right time came. She got dressed, gathered up her items, and started heading to the car outside. 

By 6:00 PM she was meeting up with Finnegan again, thankfully, for the last time. They had dinner at a fancy restaurant which didn't fill Lena up much. You never wanted to do an assassination on a full stomach. After that, they went to get ice cream which Finnegan insisted on paying for. 

Lena's patience seemed to be chipping away every moment but she reminded herself to wait. By 8:00 PM, they started leaving the ice cream shop.

"So, what should we do next... babe?" Finnegan asked with a grin.

"Um, actually", Lena started, "You haven't showed me your house yet. How about we go there?"

Finnegan froze for a moment. "S-Sure, of course, Princess. Yeah, we can go to my place."

The two of them got in his car and in no time were pulling up to his apartment complex. They went inside and stopped outside his door. "Well, this is my place but, uh, you don't mind if I inspect the room first, do you?" Finnegan asked.

 "Oh, no. I don't mind." Lena responded crossing her arms. "Great, I'll be right out just-- don't go anywhere." He said.

Finnegan disappeared into the apartment while Lena waited outside, maintaining her eagerness to get this over with. She assumed he was doing some last minute cleaning.

"Okay, all good! You can come on in now." Finnegan said opening the door. 

Lena stepped inside and immediately observed everything to find a spot to hide her weapons. 

"What do you think of my place?" He asked. "It's, uh, very homely", Lena replied. 

She sat down on the couch as Finnegan went to close the door. By this point, Lena had already completed a very important step: hide your weapons until they're ready to be used at the exact moment. 

"This is a comfortable couch." Lena tried to make some small talk. Finnegan said sitting next to her, "Yeah, well, this couch has been through a lot."

Then, when the silence fell, Lena felt his hand graze over her left thigh. She turned towards him and casually asked, "Um, could you show me to the bathroom real quick?"

Finnegan stopped and cleared his throat, "Oh, yeah. It's that door right there."

Lena got up and went into the bathroom. She stared at herself in the mirror and took two deep breaths. This is the part she was waiting for; it was time to show how good of an assassin she is. 

Lena came out of the bathroom 30 seconds later, acting as if the zipper on the back of her dress was stuck. "Finnegan-- could you, uh, help me get my zipper down? It's stuck.", she said.

Finnegan got up from the couch and stood behind her, yanking on the zipper. Finally, it came loose and he expected Lena to huddle back into the bathroom but instead, she stayed still in her spot. 

So did Finnegan as he watched the dress slip and softly hit the floor. 

Lena spoke quietly over her shoulder, "Thanks." Then she completely turned herself around to face him as she put her hands on his shoulders. She started slowly pushing him backwards onto the bed. 

"You know, I don't think I've heard you talk enough about yourself, Finnegan", she said speaking seductively, "I've noticed how you really take an interest in me--in women. Is that true? You really like women?"

Finnegan could barely speak from the surprise, "Uh, y-yeah. I love... them..."

"And that niece of yours I heard about..."

"My niece is... is beautiful."

"Hmm, and how does she make you feel?" Lena kept pushing back on him.

"Good. It makes me feel amazing."

Lena started reaching for her knife under the mattress. "And did you ever think of how she felt?"

"...No." 

Lena was a bit stunned by his sudden effort to kiss her. But she was too quick. She used all her force to push him back and held the knife up to his neck. 

"You're disgusting. Wronged so many women out of your pathetic lifetime, but remember-- everything has a price", she concluded.

"What the f--"

Lena was already in deep. Blood splattered everywhere but she wasn't stopping until it passed at least half-way through. Eventually, she pulled the knife out and straightened up on her knees. Panting, Lena took one look at him and climbed off the bed. 

She headed to the bathroom this time to clean herself off. The upper half of her body was a mess. Blood splashed her face and chest and almost coated her hands and arms. She worked fast to clean herself so it doesn't stain. 

Once she was finished, she threw her dress back on, and walked out the door, not glancing back at the scene she had caused. Lena hurried out of the building and spotted a grey Toyota Camry, quickly hopping into the front seat. 

"Hey, Delphine. Thanks for picking me up."

"Ay, no problem. You did all the hard work anyways", Delphine responded pulling out onto the main road. 

Lena sat back and sighed heavily. Finally, that weight had been taken off of her shoulders. She had completed the mission and, thankfully, didn't have to deal with a suitor anymore.

Delphine glanced at Lena, "You wanna go straight home or do you have some other place in mind?"

"Uh, I really need to go home, I mean, I'm a mess", Lena said. "How do you think this will play out, though? With the news that he's dead." 

"Well, I say you just gotta put on you're best acting and you'll be fine", Delphine said. "Don't worry too much, Lena."

"Yeah, you're right. I know what to do."

Soon enough, they pulled up to the side of the castle. "Thanks again, Del. You mean a lot to me."

"And you mean a lot to me so make sure to take a nice shower, eat, and sleep enough tonight."

"I will!" Lena called back. The princess entered in through the side door and made her way into the castle. She was exhausted and decided to take all of Delphine's advice. But before she knocked out, Lena notified her boss that the mission was complete.