The Red Devil: Part 1

A/N: Yo, new part! So, Just comment if you want some chapter requests, i'll probably write it if i finish posting and editing chapters from ffn.

Months in Adoption

A man swayed his child in his arms while singing a lullaby. The room was dark around them, the moon being the only thing illuminating the pair. The man then proceeds to put the child in the cradle once he was sure that the child was asleep. He sighed in relief as he watched the child sleep peacefully.

It has been seven months since Emiya adopted the baby he named Rin. The name of his closest friend, also the name of one of his earliest regrets. It was funny really, as if the bladeworks wasn't enough of a reminder, he created another one himself.

But all of that didn't stop him from maintaining his magecraft again. It felt weird not having ALAYA's nigh unlimited mana, but he manages somehow.

It has been months since he also started searching for the town's second owner to no avail. He has two theories: this town doesn't have a second owner, or magic doesn't exist in this world. The latter being more unlikely since this town has potent leylines.

It all feels so unreal, having a comfortable bed, not having to kill people, just living life as is. He finally realized how Rin saved him. She gave him a new purpose in life, he was truly happy in these few months. Oh, if only Tohsaka could see him right now...

2 years in adoption.

Emiya was walking on a park along with his daughter. "Dadi! Juice!" Rin pointed at a pineapple juice at a fruit stand.

It was the fruit stand that they frequent in, the old woman selling there was a good friend of Emiya. She actually treats the Rin like her own granddaughter.

"Oho? Ya taking Rin-chan on a walk?" the old woman spoke.

"Yeah, she was insisting so hard about." Emiya answered.

"Hehe." She chuckled. "Kids would be kids, right?"

"Heh."

"Dadi, Rin-tan juice!" The child pulled his sleeve.

"Alright, alright. Just wait while I get my wallet-"

"Oh, no. You don't need to pay this time. It's on the house." The vendor interrupted.

"No, it's a business. I need to pay." Emiya insisted.

"Hahahaha!" The old woman laughs, the single father raising a brow because of it. "Truth to be told, I don't really need to do all of this... I have enough pension to last till my death, my husband is gone, and my kids had lives of their own now. I just do this thing out of fun, the money is just a bonus." She admits.

Emiya's eyes widen and then he chuckles. "Well then, if you insist." He takes the cups from the old vendor's hands and gives one to Rin.

"Yay!"

Emiya smiles along with the old woman, happy to see a child so being so cheerful.

Moments later, Rin requested to play at the sandbox. Emiya permitted and it's only him and the old woman now. He sat at a bench while keeping an eye on Rin.

The vendor starts a conversation. "So, how's life have been for you, Shirou-kun?"

Emiya sighs. "It's been two years... Still can't believe that I'm a father, with all the things I did... I really don't feel worthy of any of this." He smiles solemnly while looking at his hands.

The old woman laughs. "Fufu~ we have been friends for two years now... I may not know what you did in the past that you regret so much, but in these past years I have observed you. I can say for certain... that you deserve what you have right now." She assures.