A Pain in the Bum: Part 1

A month or so has passed since Rin Tohsaka's visit on the Emiya family. Everyone continued with their lives quietly as if nothing ever happened. Questions were asked, answers were said. But at the end of the day, everyone has the right to keep their secrets.

Emiya chose not to tell his daughter everything, at least not yet.

Currently, the father-child pair was managing their relatively small family restaurant, it was weekend, so Rin didn't have school.

The size of the establishment was approximately eight meters in length and width at the dining area and kitchen along with the counter, with more space for the storage and management office at the back.

The whole restaurant has ten tables in total, with six chairs for each table. The floor were made concrete, layered with varnished wooden planks for aesthetics while the walls were pure concrete painted with white, with some decorations hanging on it.

They serve a mix of Western and Japanese family-sized meals, also giving customers choices for a single-person meal.

"Copenhagen" the name of the restaurant, it was a nostalgic name from his teenage years, he decided to name it after Outoko's pub when he found out that it didn't exist here.

A few years ago, before he spawned the idea of a restaurant, he noticed that the town he was in was Fuyuki... or at least it should've been.

The placement on the map was the exact same but the landmarks? None, not even the iconic Fuyuki Bridge.

He was conflicted between being happy and sad at the same time, on the bright side, it meant that there is a high chance that his idiotic self didn't exist. However, it made him sad that most of his friends didn't exist either.

He got over it and accepted that this was in fact a parallel world. Not impossible since Alaya had a habit of sending him to whatever timeline she wants if given enough reason to.

*DING!*

A small bell chimed as the front door opened, indicating that someone has entered. "Yo!" The person waved. "Rin-chan, Boss!" He greeted the pair.

Rin smiled and bowed. "Good morning, Tetsu-san." She points at the room behind her. "Your uniform is in the locker room as usual." The one she greeted was Tetsu Hidetaka. A reformed delinquent who now works at Copenhagen part-time as a waiter, he wears a toothy grin and has dyed his hair blonde, looking like the typical Japanese teenage gangster.

"Thank you!" He smiles back and enters the locker room-

"Oi!" Emiya calls his attention, said person was cleaning the stoves for later use. "Hidetaka, how many time do I need to tell you that cigarettes are forbidden here!?"

Tetsu started sweating, his head popping out the door at the locker room. "B-boss! I didn't bring any!"

Emiya rolls his eyes. "Lower-right pocket, three pieces."

Tetsu's eyes widened. "H-how!?"

"Tsk." The archer pinches the bridge of his nose. "I just do! Now put it on your locker, I don't want any costumers complaining about a waiter smelling like nicotine..." He says, making shooing motion with his hand.

The former-delinquent nods enthusiastically albeit silently, nervous about his boss' yelling voice. The door slams shut afterwards.

(An hour later...)

Emiya turns his head to his side, where one of his other staff members were stationed. "Matsue! Do we have enough rice left!?" He asks.

"Over half are gone, Emiya-dono! I'll get to cooking at once!" The one who answered was Hina Matsue. A girl from an old-fashioned family who found work at Emiya's, she has a long black hair that was braided while resting to her shoulder.