01

📍Home || Monday 6:50am

Makayla Kayleanna Thorn || 17

_________________________________

Mi jus a pop dong.

Mi tiad a people. Only smady mi nuh tired a is mi mada. She nuh even deh inna mi life fimmi tiad a r.

My mom felt as if she was too young to raise a child so she left me with my aunt promising she'll come back for me.

Come back weh? All now...

My aunt isn't from Jamaica though... She moved here a few years back after meeting her boyfriend. 

My aunt and my mother had a good relationship although they were in separate countries. They were very similar, the only difference between them was that my mother sought male validation.

Basically.... Shi love man.

And according to my grandmother shi nuh pree the likkle nice, decent mn dem. Badman she love.

Resulting in me.

Not to be ungrateful or anything but my mother was careless.

She leff me a people yard fi stay, while she guh dance and guh do god knows what.

Most times the people she left me with would bring me home and I'd stay by myself.

She not even leff no food fimmi eat.

Although mi did young, mi nuh beg people.

So I stayed hungry until she got back. Sometimes she would bring back food and sometimes she doesn't. And those nights I'll go to bed hungry.

She left one evening to check a friend and came back at 3 o'clock in the morning, woke me up, and told me to pack a bag with some clothes.

That's when she brought me to my aunt's house.

Since I've nearly been out with her. I stuck to her like glue.

<<< Flashback

"See how the house look nice kay," my mother whispers to me while knocking on the door.

There wasn't any answer so she started to bang on it. Louder each time "Helloooooo!!... Nobody nuh in yah!?" She shouts kissing her teeth when she still doesn't receive an answer.

A few moments later the door was opened and a lady walked out. Hugging my mom but mommy pushed her off.