14

📍 School || Friday 2:45pm
_________________

Maliah Lillyann Wallace || 18_____________________________

_____________________________

While gathering my things to leave, my phone started ringing, I picked it up smiling when seeing the caller id.

"Hey... what's up?" I'm the first to speak picking my bag up and putting it on one shoulder.

"Heyy lilly.. nothing much... I'm just calling to ask for a favor... if you don't mind.."

"Yeah sure.. a wah?" I lean against the table.

"Could you cover my shift tonight? Pls... mi fada deh home..."

Oh right.. today's friday....

"Alright... no problem. Yuh good tho?"

Mnl mi fraid fi r... I've met her father once and it was not a good encounter.

"I'm not pregnant with a child that would supposedly be my sibling yet so I guess I'm alright" she snorts

...

"Yuh know say something wrong wid yuh... all fun and jokes aside.. yuh really need fi leff dah yard deh. Wah yuh father a do to yuh? That isn't normal." I informed her getting serious.

I would report it but she's old enough to do it herself and she already begged me not to.

"Me know.. but yuh already know why mah put up wid this..."

"Yuh cya feel guilty fi something that he did and manipulated you into believing you're the cause. Everybody done tell yuh ano your fault already suh why yuh still deh there?"

Silence fill the other end of the call and I know I won't get an answer because she doesn't even know what she's still doing there herself.

"A you a pay the bills and a pay for other things inna the house ... might as well yuh go rent a likkle room or stay with me... you know my mother wouldn't mind. Plus you're barely at home to cause a problem–"

"Thanks for the offer but you know mi nuh wah be a burden to nobody and even if you say I'm not going to be a burden... me ago feel like one either way and mi rlly nuh wah rely pan nobody.. plus mi soon get out a the situation just a few more weeks" She tells me and I sigh.

She's been saving to rent an apartment or a room or something. She doesn't want to stay at a friend's house since she doesn't have any relatives.

Nah lie mi admire her will fi be independent but mi nah mek nobody do certain things to me, nor put me through the shit her father is putting her through.

"Mi wah u gwan now... mi can help you with any amount a money you need fi mek up... or something" I try pushing again because mi serious eno... mi nah sit down an know say something a gwan n nuh do nothing.