a chance meeting.

It was late evening at berk and Hiccup was unwillingly playing one of his least favorite of games. Tag the runt.

                                    ~×~

Hiccups pov---

I was running and running. As fast as my feet could carry me through the village. Narrowly dogeing the towns people in my wake. I rounded the corner just to get punched in the stomach by snotlout.

"Ha. Lil runt thought he could out run me" he said. Grinning evilly to himself.

I held my stomach from the punch. Cringing in pain. I sneakily pumped some healing into the affected area. Feeling relief quickly I continued running. Trying to survive this round. I kept running and running. Not wanting to get tagged again. I got short sighted. And ran square into the twins. Rufnut sneering and kicking me where no boy should never be kicked. Her brother hitting me in the chest. I couldn't catch a break though cuz Astrid was right behind them. Ready to blacken my eye. I couldn't care. I just had to get to the one place that mattered rn.

I kept running and I made it. The beginning of the steps that lead to the elders house. The chief midwife and healer of Berk. She also held a deadly secret. She was a dreki. A dragon and human hybrid. The species my tribe had been at war with for generations.
She had been cast out by her tribe of hybrids long long ago. Her wings cut. The scars hidden behind clothes. No one but me knew her secret. It's because of her dragon blood that she can heal so well. Humans were cut off by the gods from wielding magic long ago. The dreki how ever. Are as strong as ever. There mastery of fire earth water and ice magic. Being unparalleled.

I kept making my way up the steps before coming to arguebaly the most high altitude residence of the island. I knocked on the door lightly. The dreki woman Gothi. A short women well beyond her years with silver hair and wooden dragon carved staff.

She frowned at the state I was in. My ribs bruised. My eye blackened. All she did was raise her hands at me. A soft and warm. Golden light filled the room and over took my form. My wounds healing instantly.

''You know. you keep that up and she won't be able to keep our secret''

The women. Who had taken a vow of silence. Just smiled fondly. She inhaled the air around her. Taking in the scent of the winds. She wrote on the pile of sand.

''There will be a raid tonight"It said.

"Smell the dreki coming do you? I asked.

The women nodded.

" I should get going then"

I thought I could finally test my dreki snatcher. It threw bolas twice as far as normal. I figured if I could catch a dragon people would start respecting me or at the very least make the beatings less severe. Soon enough nightfall was on berk. And I could smell the fire. When ever there was a raid. The dreki. Smelled of fire and it could be picked up on in the wind. And to the strongest of trackers with a strong sense of smell could find the scent.

I made my way to the forge. Content to grab my invention. Gobber had other plans.

''Iccup. You need ta stay here. No outside. Not after last time''. He said moving a pile of weapons that needed sharpening.

I have to- I started.

"Your father will kill me if you burn down another house''. He said running out into the fraye with a battle cry.