preparing for departure

Authors note. I have no idea where I'm going with this story and will be publishing chapters for my other fics shortly after this one. But I do have a few ideas which I'd like to try. Just to clarify humans were cut off from magic. Hiccup is part dreki and has to come to terms with it. 

 ~×~

"Oh my Thor I just kissed a dreki!" On the lips I said to myself. Now pacing around Toothless.

"Well. I mean. I did just kiss a human". Toothless said. His eyes following me around me as I paced.

"I know.. But Vikings don't do that! What would my father say!" I exclaimed.

Toothless took the chance to close the distance between us. Him now in front of me. His hand now on my cheek.

"Hun.. Your part Dreki. Remember? And regardless I don't really care what the village or the nest thinks. You are now what's important to me.

I felt my face heat up at the loving declaration. 

"Your right, your right.... But what do we do now? You can't live in the village and I don't think either of us can live with at the nest". I explained. 

'Well... we could always go live with my pack" Toothless suggested. 

"Your.. pack? I.. there's a pack of Night furies?" I asked in disbelief. 

"Yes.. all dragon's have to come from somewhere Hiccup".  Toothless explained. 

"I'm actually crown prince of the night furies..." Toothless said trailing off. 

"That's incredible Toothless I said jumping up and throwing my arms around him before I drew back slightly our faces just apart. 

"I'm son of the chief, I guess that makes me a prince too not like it matters.. my father isn't exactly what you would call proud of me.. " I said solemnly

"Hey I guess we have that in common too!" Toothless said smirking.

      "Why would your father not be proud of you.. I mean.. look at you.. your magnificent.. I'm just a talking fish bone at least that's what my father always says". I said admiring  the tall Dreki before me. 

"Lets just say before I left to search for the one I love I garnered a bit of a... promiscuous reputation.." Toothless trailed off. 

"So you slept around? in hopes you'd find your soulmate?" I asked trying to get the message.

His eyes faced the ground for a  moment before he spoke. "Yes..." he trailed off. 

      "Toothless... that's nothing to be ashamed of I said trying to comfort him. Your father shouldn't be ashamed of you for just wanting to find love. I've been alone my whole life. I can't say I blame you". I said comfortingly 

"Your're very sweet Hiccup, I'm glad I could find you". Toothless said. 

"I'm just glad someone is interested in me!" I deadpanned 

"You've never had anyone interested in you? Like at all? Hiccup... You're smart, You're kind,  I think your very cute, and I think you'll be a great mate".  I praised.

"I know you do, but that doesn't change how the village sees me, I was born too small, and never really grew out of it and I never got that male puberty I've heard of so much about".  I explained.

"But I just find that adorable Hiccup, you may be small but you make up for it with your brains. such a quick wit too. is that really all they base value on? Size and strength?" Toothless asked.