Bonus Epilogue

Authors Note: I want to say thank you for reading! I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments. This story was one that was ready to be told and I had so much fun spending the last few weeks with Ashley and Justin on their journey.

So many ideas came out of their story, hopefully even a story to follow. If that story ever happens, this would probably be the Epilogue to that one, but I couldn't help but put it here. Enjoy!! 

Epic Epilogue

Justin: Where are you? Sound check is starting

Ashley: Don't start without me. I'm right outside.

***

Justin stood center stage, looking out over the empty arena, unable to help the smile on his face as he imagined the fans who would fill Madison Square Gardens in just a few hours' time.

He sensed more than heard someone step up next to him and he smiled to see Britney next to him, he pulled her into a side hug, "You ready to perform tonight?"

She nodded, "I think so. It's been a long time coming, but I'm ready to do this show on my terms." She looked up at him, "Is Ashley disappointed to not be on stage tonight?"

He shook his head, "She's just excited for this to happen. She's decided she's happier working behind the scenes and having her name on the credits instead of the headliner."

Britney grinned and held her hand out to Logan, who appeared by her side, "Sounds like someone else I know."

Logan pulled her in tight to him and grinned down at her, "It works a little better that way; one superstar in each relationship is more than enough."

They heard a commotion to the right of the stage, greetings being called out and Justin turned, his smile widening as he saw Ashley's head bopping through the gathered crew. He ran to greet her, catching her up in a tight embrace, his lips quickly finding hers.

She laughed against him and he felt a hand against his face. A small, sticky hand.

"Daddy! I squished daddy!"

He pulled back, looking down to the blonde, curly haired little boy that Ashley was trying to contain in her arms. "Well hey there, Crew buddy!"

The boy's eyes were wide as he took in the stage, the instruments, and the empty seating. He squirmed to be free from his mother's arms and Justin grabbed him up, his tiny guitar hanging from one shoulder.

Justin raised an eyebrow to Ashley, "You let him fly with it?"

She rolled her eyes, "We were popular on the flight, let's just leave it at that."

Justin finally took in his wife fully from head to toe; she was embracing the Millennial dress code social media was demanding for the long awaited *Nsync Reunion Tour. The vintage *Nsync t-shirt under a denim jacket and the butterfly clips in her hair. She'd found the *Nsync *N as a fake tattoo and had it on one cheek, with a lipstick heart drawn on the other, with his and hers initials in it.

Before he could say anything, Crew patted his cheek again, forcing his attention back to him, "Daddy, momma dressed up because you're *NSTINK again!"

Ashley snorted a laugh at his very intentional pronunciation of the word, "He's been spending time with Elle's kids," she said by way of explanation. "Crew bud, do you want to show daddy what you've been working on!"

The three year old fist pumped the air, "Yeah!" He pulled the guitar strap off his shoulders and laid it gently on the stage, then pulled at the sleeves of his own jean jacket to try to get it off. Justin assisted him-to reveal a tiny *Nsync t-shirt with 'JT Original' printed on it, he gave Ashley a look and she just grinned back.

"This reunion is my moment, let me live in it."

He shook his head as she pressed her phone into Justin's hands, "Press Play," she told him with a wink as she stood beside her son. Before he could press play, she looked around the stage and yelled for Khloe and Nash to join her, soon she had the whole second generation of *Nsync surrounding her-at least the ones that could walk.

She gave him a thumbs up and he laughed and pressed play, sending 'Bye, Bye, Bye' across the stage in all its familiar and nostalgic glory. Crew, his little tongue stuck out in concentration, did the routine with Ashley in perfect sync. By the first chorus, Chris and Joey had joined in and most everyone else had gathered around to watch. Lynn stepped up to her son and slipped an arm around his waist, "Well if that isn't like looking at a mirror to the past. Go dance with him!" She pushed him forward and he fell into step between his wife and son yelling, "JC! Lance!"

Finally, they were all together in the reunion that had taken them years to want, and then years to pull off. When the song ended, they all laughed, collapsing into a big group hug.

"It's good to be back!" Lance said as the cheers of the crew and their families ran over the stage.

Chris picked up Crew and tossed him in the air, "you got moves little man! You and Nash can start a band!"

"And I got cool shoes!" Crew insisted to everyone's laughter.

"You've still got moves yourself," Justin said suggestively in Ashley's ear as he caught her around the waist and pulled her against him.

"Funny you should mention that," Ashley said, looking up at him through her lowered lashes.

"Is it?" he asked, tracing her lip with his thumb.

"Um-hum, I brought you something else," she said, pulling something from her jacket pocket and putting it in his other hand, she pulled his face down to kiss him long and slow.

Then she pushed him away, "Go put on your show, Superstar," she winked as she turned and walked away.

He watched her for several long seconds before he finally glanced down to see what she'd given him. He laughed out loud and ran to catch her up in his arms and spin her around, "And I hope this one is a girl, just like you."

Ashley pressed her face into his neck, breathing deep, "Thank you for making all my dreams come true. I'm pretty sure Reunion Era Justin is my new favorite version of you."

"Thank you for giving me new dreams," he answered simply, setting her back on the stage.

"Can we borrow this number one *Nsync fan for a minute?" Lance asked, coming up behind them and grabbing Ashley by the hand.

Joey tossed a mic set to Justin and nodded for him head to center stage as JC spoke into his mic, "Check, check."

"I hear you loud and clear baby!" Mackenzie called from where she had seated herself in the front row of seats, others from their families joining her.

Lance led Ashley to a stool sitting on the stage and directed her to sit on it, "You know, this reunion tour wouldn't have happened without you."

"Yeah, no one can apparently get *Nsync fans as riled up about a tour as you," JC said in a teasing, mournful tone. "I haven't had a moment's peace since you took it to the influence to get us back out here."

"So we're going to dedicate this song to you," Chris finished as they started humming the first a cappella notes to "I Thought She Knew", one of their favorite and most meaningful songs in the *Nsync cannon.

Ashley shook her head, burying her face in her hands, as he started the verse, Justin pulled her hands away, using a thumb to wipe the tears away from her cheeks. Those in the audience right then felt the immensity of that moment, the girl who'd pulled them all back together.

When they finished, all five of the guys hugged her tight, whispering words for her ears only until she got to Justin, "Hey Ashley? You're a big deal to me."

She grinned up at him, tilting her lipstick heart cheek-now slightly smeared-up at him, "You're a pretty big deal yourself."