Chapter 6

Just as Su Yi left, Yanshen and Licorice, who were guarding the door, hurriedly approached to support her.

"Miss, are you alright?"

Considering the safety of these two maidservants, Su Yi gestured to them with a "shush" motion. "Don't wake up the master."

Yanshen lowered her voice, "Miss, your complexion looks terrible. Are you unwell?"

"No... I ate too many pastries. Yanshen, go fetch the doctor, but don't alert my mother. Licorice, help support me, let's take a short walk to help me digest the food."

"Got it."

Yanshen sneaked out from the back door to find the doctor, while Licorice, supporting Su Yi, paced back and forth outside the room.

Licorice kept talking, "Miss, the doctor said your health isn't good, and you shouldn't eat too many sticky cakes. Why don't you listen?"

It's not like I don't want to listen. But the female lead is so paranoid, and in the later stages, she's so unpredictable. If I offend her, I might be killed on the spot!

Unable to express the hidden pain, Su Yi could only say casually, "I thought those cakes looked exquisite, couldn't resist having a few."

"Miss, you need to take care of yourself."

"Okay, okay, I get it." Before Licorice could lecture more, Yanshen had already secretly brought the doctor over.

Seeing the doctor skillfully preparing to treat her bloated stomach with silver needles, Su Yi sighed inside. Oh, when will these tough times end?

Jiqing Chi hid behind a pillar in the corridor, watching Su Yi being supported by two maids, weakly thanking the doctor.

The cold moonlight illuminated her pale face and the cold sweat on her forehead.

If she couldn't eat those things, why didn't they tell her beforehand?

Was it because the Su family taught her good manners, telling her not to openly refuse others' requests, or did she feel guilty about ruining the wedding and wanted to make it up to her?

Hopefully, it's the first one.

Otherwise...

Seeing Su Yi sending away the doctor, waving weakly for Licorice to help her back to the room, Jiqing Chi left from behind the pillar. She acted as if she knew nothing, quickly returning to her room before Su Yi. Carefully taking off her outer garment, she assumed her original position, pretending to have been sound asleep for a long time, acting completely oblivious.

******************

"Wife, wake up, wake up."

Su Yi was sleeping soundly when she felt someone pushing her.

She reluctantly opened her eyes and saw an elegant beauty with flowing black hair behind her, looking down with a hint of displeasure and shyness.

"Umm..." Su Yi made a soft sound. Why was someone by her bedside?

Huh?!

When she became fully awake and remembered who this imposing figure was, she wanted to jump out of bed.

But her frail body wouldn't allow such actions.

So, in Jiqing Chi's eyes, the gaze of the delicate beauty slightly softened. After recognizing who she was, her eyes regained brightness, a bit moist with a lazy morning look. Her rosy lips gently parted, and she smiled tenderly, "Husband."