Chapter 1

Atsushi was alone at the funeral of his dear friends, for protecting him and sacrificing their life to save the world. Fukuchi was arrested for terrorism and he was having the death penalty. But Atsushi wasn't feeling gratefulness or relevant feelings like that. It wasn't being a selfish person whatsoever. He was blaming himself and his existence for what his friends went through. If he didn't join the Agency, then no one would have suffered from the Port Mafia attack as Atsushi was bounty wanted, because of his ability. He was blaming himself for every misery his friends went through, even if he wasn't there. 'Can it be? My own existence is a misery for people around me...?' Atsushi thought as he looked down. Soon he looked back and saw his ability in their human form and a mask as their eyes were shining golden light. "Again you...?" Atsushi said as he stood up as the funeral was over, the other guest came and said their goodbyes a long time ago. "What so wrong for me to come to my ability user?" Byakko said with a mixture of a male and female voice of theirs. "Shut up, I'm not in the mood now..." Atsushi said as he walked past Byakko. But then he noticed something. "What?" Byakko said. "I'm just happy with one thing..." Atsushi sat down. "With what?" Byakko said. "That I don't feel my legs..." Atsushi said as he held his two hands on his leg.

Hospital

"We hope your legs will be healed up soon." A nurse said. "Thanks, sorry for being clumsy..." Atsushi said. "Don't apologize. It's our job! Get better!" The nurse said and she left the room. Atsushi smiled, but as the nurse left, his smile disappeared. Then Byakko appeared. "Seriously?" Byakko said. "What?" Atsushi said. "Are you serious about what you did? You just broke your own legs." Byakko said. Atsushi became silent. "Don't try to heal them, if you do, I will break my legs again and again, every time you heal them," Atsushi said. Byakko looked at their current user. "As you say," Byakko said. Atsushi only looked down.

The next day, Atsushi was reading the Book that everyone was trying so hard to get, which was now in Atsushi's hands as he was reading it. 'Because of this, everyone died...' Atsushi thought. Soon a nurse came. "Nakajima-san..." She said. "Hm? Yes?" Atsushi said as he closed the book. "You have a guest who wants to see you. Is it ok for you to accept the guest to come visit you?" The nurse said. "Of course. I wouldn't mind talking with anyone." Atsushi said. Nurse smiled. "You are so cute Nakajima-san I want just to hug you by now!" The nurse said. Atsushi's sweat dropped. 'Like others when I was acting like a cat...' Atsushi thought. After the nurse left, some people in suits came inside around 8 minutes later. "Hello, are you from the government...?" Atsushi asks. "That's right. We wanted properly apologize for everything." One of them said. "Oh, that-" "And we want to pay the compensation for everything and make you the new President of the Armed Detective Agency." The second said as they showed the thick envelope. Atsushi was silent. Then he slapped the envelope and the thick envelope was on the other side. The workers were shocked. "You want me, to be the President? Me, who didn't work for a year?" Atsushi said. "But, you are the only survivor of the ADA! You can remake the organization and have new workers!" The first one said. "Armed Detective Agency is long gone, it will never be the same one without them..." Atsushi said as he got a flashback of all of his friends doing silly things.

"And there is nothing to replace them, you will not find people with the exact same personality or backstory, even if you did, you will never make them better than the original. My answer will be no. And I will not remake the ADA, even if you beg." Atsushi said as he turned his head. The workers only looked at Atsushi. But they knew that Atsushi was right about it. Soon the thick envelope was placed on the nightstand. "You can have this money. It was for you anyway for remaking the ADA, do whatever you want." The second worker said. Atsushi only looked at the envelope but didn't touch it. "Touching words," Byakko said. "Shut up," Atsushi said as he went back to read the Book.

After some weeks, a nurse came to Atsushi's patient room, just to see a horrific scene. Atsushi was gone as the white hospital bed was in the blood. "Nakajima-san!" She ran and came to the other side of the bed, just to see Atsushi trying to get something by lifting his hand up. The nurse came up to him and helped him to sit on the couch when suddenly his hand fell. She was shocked. She carefully placed Atsushi on his back as she checked his pulse. But there was no heartbeat, nor was he breathing weakly. She quickly ran out and called for help, before running inside back. Some other medics came and saw the scene. "Did he have any lung problems?!" The doctor asks. "I don't know, he only had broken legs!" The nurse said as others were gathered and tried to figure out what happened to the patient that was covered in blood from his mouth and on the floor.

High School

The students were talking about their life, their interest, or whatever they have goals. Other students were doing their stuff or were alone. One of them was Akutagawa Ryuunosuke, who was reading a book about mythology. 'I still don't get it...' He thought. 'How am I back to live? And being adopted by my boss...' He thought.

"Akutagawa-kun, hello. Do you remember me? I'm your boss from your past life!" Mori said as Elise was floating next to Mori while Akutagawa looked at Mori with a black Dragon with shiny red eyes roaring at them as it was protecting their owner and Gin.

Akutagawa shook his head. 'It doesn't look like it is in the future, rather, the year is the same as when joined the mafia and worked before Dazai-san left...' Akutagawa thought. 'But it is also strange that others also have memories like me and my sister that we were in the Mafia and ADA. And others, like Rimbaud with Oda-san alive and has memory before they died...' Akutagawa thought. 'At the same time, our ability is not like in the past, they are rather similar to Kouyou-san's and Kyouka's ability type...' He thought. But soon the bell rang. Akutagawa put the bookmark in his book and placed his book inside his bag. "Alright class, let us start the lesson." The teacher said as he came inside. 'That would be interesting...' Akutagawa thought. But then the door knocked. "Yes?" The teacher said. As the door was dragged open, Mori, the school principal, was revealed. "Ah, someone is in trouble in my class?" The teacher asks. "No no no, no one is in trouble. I want to talk with Akutagawa Ryuunosuke. May I please steal him for a minute?" Mori asks. "Sure. You were called." The teacher said. Akutagawa was confused. 'Why am I being called...?' He thought. The students didn't dare to whisper anything as he was the principal's adoptive son.

"Is something the matter Mori-san?" Akutagawa asks as he was outside of his classroom. "There is something I want to say, just between you and me. You will have a new classmate! And I want you to be friends with them!" Mori said. "Never happens," Akutagawa said. "But Akutagawa-kun, it is Atsushi." Akutagawa flinched. "Tiger?!" He said. "Yes! I was surprised to know that our ADA's tiger boy will come to this school!" Mori said. "You mean, he is also reincarnated?" Akutagawa said. "Hm, it's hard to say. I haven't seen him. I also heard that he is Dazai-kun's older younger sibling." Mori said. 'Dazai-san never mentioned that...' Akutagawa thought. "Well, be a good dog, and don't spill the beans," Mori said. "Stop calling me that!" Akutagawa shouted at his adoptive father to leave. Mori was chuckling.

The next day, the students were in their places and they were excited to meet the new student. Akutagawa continued to read his book. "Ok, go back to your places." The teacher said. The students became silent as Akutagawa put the bookmark and placed the book away. "Today we have a new student that is transferring to our class." The teacher said. 'Atsushi Nakajima, I cannot believe I see him like that, then compare to our past life...' Akutagawa thought as he imagined how he met Atsushi. "Come inside." The teacher said. Soon the person came inside. Akutagawa looked up, expecting to see the familiar white-haired boy, but his eyes widen in shock to see a white-haired girl. 'Maybe, Mori-san made a mistake...?' Akutagawa thought as he looked away. "Could you present yourself dear?" The teacher said. The girl bowed a little. "I'm Atsushi Nakajima, nice to meet you..." The girl said. Akutagawa was extra shocked. 'No, what, why is he...' He thought as the girl stood up to face the class. '...a woman?!' He thought.

(1459 Words)