Chapter 14

TW: Mention of cannibalism 

Atsushi was lying on her bed as she was thinking about what Paul just asked her. 'College? But, I just wanted to enjoy my time as a child till I was done with high school, I never thought of the other schools after high school...' Atsushi thought as she moved and faced her back to the door. 'I don't think I want to go to any schools...' Atsushi thought as she looked down. Soon the door opened. "Atsushi? You there?" Oda asks. Then he saw Atsushi lying on her bed. "Is everything alright?" He asks as he sits on the bed. Atsushi was silent. Oda just began to pat Atsushi's hair. "Is it about what Paul-san asks?" Oda asks. Atsushi did not say a word. "Look, I don't care about the blood relation and such things, I'm helping Dazai with his college. And I can help you too." Oda said. "Oda-san, you have known Dazai ever since he was 16 in the past life. But not me. We never met in our first life..." Atsushi said. "But Atsushi. That doesn't matter now. As long as it means we know each other now. Nothing has to do with our past life." Oda said. "No, it has to do with our past life, I don't feel comfortable talking with you about anything because you and Dazai have a lot in common to talk about, while I have nothing in common with you..." Atsushi said as she sat up. "But Atsushi, we are having our life now. A new one. And we don't live in the past. Just stop thinking about the past, it will be for the best." Oda said. "For the best?!" Atsushi stood up from her bed. "You know how much I suffered in my past life?! My parents abandoned me after they ate my organs when I was just a small baby! I was hardly one year old!" Atsushi said as she looked at Oda. Oda looked disgusted at what he was hearing.

"And later on, they threw like a trash! And I was found by the headmaster and, he began to abuse me because I had an ability! And, I was electrocuted! By the electric chair!" Atsushi said as she was shaking. Oda was shocked. 'Is that where her fear of electricity comes from...?!' He thought as he remembered he used an electro shocker on the headmaster who came to take back Atsushi, and Atsushi was having a panic attack. "I was there until I was 18. Why did no one come there in my past life to save me like now...?" Atsushi said as tears were coming from her eyes. "I was only a child, I did nothing wrong..." Atsushi said. Oda came up to her and hugged her. "I'm sorry Atsushi." He said. Atsushi was shivering as she was crying. "If only I knew that orphanage in the past, I would have destroyed it and taken you with me, to the safe place..." Oda said. Atsushi was sobbing as she gently held her hand on her adoptive father's arm.

Mori was reading a book as Vita Sexualis were knitting, and sitting next to her user. Soon Gin and Tachihara came inside as they were talking about something. "Oh, I didn't expect we would have a guest now," Mori said as he put a bookmark inside his book. "Ah, sorry Mori-san. I didn't tell you that..." Gin said. "No worries. I will not say anything to your brother about your little date in our place." Mori said as Vita placed her knitting and walked to make some tea. "Mori-san!" Gin said as she was blushing. Mori chuckled as he took Vita's knitting to look at it. Tachihara just walked some steps back, but he accidentally stepped on Rashomon's tail and made the dragon wake up in pain in his tail. He growled at Tachihara. "Sorry Rashomon, I didn't mean it..." Tachihara said as he walked back to his girlfriend. Then Ryuunosuke came down from upstairs. "What is going on? Why are Rashomon angry now?" He asks as Rashomon walks upstairs. "Oh, that..." Tachihara said that Midwinter Memento came to Vita Sexualis and helped her. "You stepped on his tail, right?" Ryuunosuke said. Tachihara looked away before he looked back at his girlfriend's brother. "You probably know the answer..." Tachihara said. Ryuunosuke sighed. "Want some tea?" Vita Sexualis asks. "I would love to, thanks. I'm in my room." Ryuunosuke said as he walked back to his room.

He opened the door and Rashomon walked inside first then Ryuunosuke. Rashomon jumped and came to the fake tree in Ryuunosuke's room. The fake tree was like a tree house, but a more open one and had a lot of pillows with small lamps hanging on the tree branches. Ryuunosuke sat back in his chair and was reading the book. Soon he found a portrait of a young girl with a tiger mask on her face with white hair. "Hey, Rashomon," Ryuunosuke called his ability. "What?" Rashomon said by telepath. Ryuunosuke took his book and showed his ability. "Is this who I think it is?" He said. Rashomon looked closely at the portrait. "Stop the searching now. You know it will not help you, but only hurt Atsushi." Rashomon telepathed as they laid their head on the pillow. "But, that mask is just a total copy of Byakko's face," Ryuunosuke said. Rashomon growled. "If you want to keep your girlfriend safe, don't ask any questions." Rashomon telepathed. "Wait, girlfriend?! I'm single!" Ryuunosuke said. Rashomon lifted their head and looked at their user like he was an idiot. "Then, why did you confess to Atsushi? You did it, you know." Rashomon telepathed. "I did, but, she didn't answer my feelings. So, we are not dating..." Ryuunosuke said as he looked away. Rashomon only looked at him.