ELEVEN

This is probably the 3rd sleepless night I've had in the past week because of him, it's not only at night that he creeps into my mind, it is at the utmost random time

This is probably the 3rd sleepless night I've had in the past week because of him, it's not only at night that he creeps into my mind, it is at the utmost random time. It's annoying that I can't do a single thing without either thinking about him or when we will be running away together.

I woke up this morning to the sound of a rumble in the sky and light rain spluttering on my window, demanding to be let in.
My favorite.

Rain is the best weather and no one can tell me otherwise, it's like the sky found its own way to let out its pain, the thunder is the rage building, the rain is the earth's way of releasing its pain in silent but violent pressure and lightning is when the earth can't decide whether to scream or cry so it does both, that's why I love rain and thunderstorms, I think it's the earth's way of breaking down in the most beautiful way possible.

I reluctantly got out of bed and slowly made my way to the shower to wake up a bit quicker. After skincare and putting on sweats I went downstairs to make myself a coffee and grab a little breakfast before any of my brothers decided to do the same.

Fuck.

Of course they were all downstairs doing exactly as I planned, assholes gotta copy me with everything.

I quickly made my coffee and grabbed a cookie, I didn't greet any of them good morning or even a look of acknowledgement. They seem to have decided to do the same and continue doing what they were doing before I came in.

As I rechead the first step, I heard my name.

Cyrus.

"Can I talk to you in the dining room, Grey?" In an overly sweet tone which caught me off guard, I didn't even know he knew the meaning of manners.

I'm not in the mood to argue with anyone today so I nodded and made my way to the dining room with Cyrus walking a few steps ahead of me.

"What do you want, Cyrus?" I asked as I took a sip of my coffee.

"I just got one question for you Grey," he said, raising his hands in an innocent way to show no harm.

I nod my head implying for him to continue with whatever this was.

"Have you seen the weather outside?" He asked with a smirk tugging at his lips.

I looked at him for a second wondering what the actual fuck was this man asking but that was until it clicked, my eyes widened in horror as I realized what he was asking me. I quickly put my precious coffee down and spun on my heels planning to run as fast as possible.

Fuck.

All my brothers are standing in the doorway with devilish smirks on each of their faces.

"Guys come on we aren't five years old," I say trying to find a way out of this situation.

Before I knew it, I felt strong arms slither around my waist and I was off the ground, Cyrus picked me up and started sprinting. I immediately start kicking and screaming to try and break free but nothing was working.

Rain splattered all on me, my warmth from my shower vanished and was replaced with the spit of cold and icy rain. My brothers followed closely behind us with something in their hands....

Water guns.

We used to do this all the time as kids, every time it rained we had a water gun fight, we all had teams of two and of course Cyrus was always on mine and we would play for hours on end till one of our parents would call us in to give us warm hot chocolate and made us sit in front of the fire till we were, once again warm. I almost forgot that tradition because of all the years that have gone by and everything that has happened.

Cyrus carried me till we were behind a bush where I saw two water guns waiting patiently on the ground, calling to be used. He threw me down and quickly grabbed his gun, I'm still trying to process what the fuck just happened as I scramble to my feet to sit next to my big brother.

"You guys cannot be legal adults if you still act like this," I whispered under my breath.

"Well this is what you get for disappearing,'' he said in a cocky tone.

Sometimes I wonder what would've happened if I never ran away and decided to stay, so I can hear the excuses they would've made to dismiss their actions. The lies that I would've fallen for in a false sense of comfort because they were my brothers, protectors.

The stinking of rain brought me back to reality. A few minutes have passed of playing in the rain and no one was safe, everyone was out t0 get each other, there were never winners when we played because we all took it so far until we all fell for a truce and got back to the rest of our day. It's days like this when I didn't want to leave but I found myself every night, muffling my cries as tears streamed down my face because of the overwhelming feeling of being anxious and homesick at the same time. That's normally when I would call Phoenix and he knew what I was going through but never mentioned it, instead he would distract me by asking me the most random questions to get my mind off things until I calmed down and sleep would welcome me with open arms.

It was the little understanding that Phoenix and I had, understanding each other without using many words and that was what made me fall even more.